PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any SMS programs with spellchecker?

Does any of the SMS programs have spellchecker built in? It's the only feature I'd really like to have that my old WinMo phone had.

I'm current using Handcent, which I like a lot.
Thanks

PS - I went to Handcent.com - they mention they are working on it for a feature request.

Last edited by JeffKay; 03-22-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Any SMS programs with spellchecker?

I use handcent and it predicts words and fixes some for me, only when using the virtual keyboard though.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

spell check on text message, what the heck!? Ha ha
Are you using text messages in a professional setting? I know I don't spell every word correct nor proper grammar, my girlfriend doesn't care though
Old 03-23-2010, 11:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Hero

xxwckdxx is a n00b

My wife is the same way i tell her all the time "its a damn text message you arent writing a essay" she has been bugging me to find a spell checker for her too.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I have to say I see both sides to this point. While I don't use text in a professional setting it's nice to have something double check your spelling so you don't have to deal with someone telling you you spelled something wrong because you were in a hurry and weren't paying attention.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes. I'm not good at spelling.. period. I have this highly advanced piece of technology in my hand.. why shouldn't I have the option to spell check? My old WinMo phones did.

I have to say, when someones spelling is downright awful, I do lose a bit of respect for them. Unless they are a totally hot chick of course!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
Yes. I'm not good at spelling.. period. I have this highly advanced piece of technology in my hand.. why shouldn't I have the option to spell check? My old WinMo phones did.

I have to say, when someones spelling is downright awful, I do lose a bit of respect for them. Unless they are a totally hot chick of course!
there's your solution, make yourself a hot chick!

If you're a bad speller and you notice their bad spelling they must be really bad!
Just because you have a highly advanced piece of technology in your hand doesn't mean you're going to be a better speller, just remember you at least know how to use the device... what would you rather be able to do, spell and not use the device or use the device and not spell?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment