PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Any SMS programs with spellchecker? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115308)

JeffKay 03-22-2010 05:35 PM

Any SMS programs with spellchecker?

Does any of the SMS programs have spellchecker built in? It's the only feature I'd really like to have that my old WinMo phone had.

I'm current using Handcent, which I like a lot.
Thanks

PS - I went to Handcent.com - they mention they are working on it for a feature request.

Carla 03-22-2010 07:13 PM

Re: Any SMS programs with spellchecker?

I use handcent and it predicts words and fixes some for me, only when using the virtual keyboard though.

elephant007 03-22-2010 10:54 PM

spell check on text message, what the heck!? Ha ha
Are you using text messages in a professional setting? I know I don't spell every word correct nor proper grammar, my girlfriend doesn't care though :)

xxwckdxx 03-23-2010 11:42 AM

My wife is the same way i tell her all the time "its a damn text message you arent writing a essay" she has been bugging me to find a spell checker for her too.

WisdomWolfX 03-24-2010 04:55 PM

I have to say I see both sides to this point. While I don't use text in a professional setting it's nice to have something double check your spelling so you don't have to deal with someone telling you you spelled something wrong because you were in a hurry and weren't paying attention.

JeffKay 03-24-2010 05:02 PM

Yes. I'm not good at spelling.. period. I have this highly advanced piece of technology in my hand.. why shouldn't I have the option to spell check? My old WinMo phones did.

I have to say, when someones spelling is downright awful, I do lose a bit of respect for them. Unless they are a totally hot chick of course!

elephant007 03-24-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffKay (Post 1656997)
Yes. I'm not good at spelling.. period. I have this highly advanced piece of technology in my hand.. why shouldn't I have the option to spell check? My old WinMo phones did.

I have to say, when someones spelling is downright awful, I do lose a bit of respect for them. Unless they are a totally hot chick of course!

there's your solution, make yourself a hot chick!

If you're a bad speller and you notice their bad spelling they must be really bad!
Just because you have a highly advanced piece of technology in your hand doesn't mean you're going to be a better speller, just remember you at least know how to use the device... what would you rather be able to do, spell and not use the device or use the device and not spell?