PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
SAMSUNG MOMENT TIPS, TWEAKS, HACKS and FAQ

hey guys:

Can we get a running list of Tip, Tweaks, and Hacks going here in this thread? My wife has the Moment and I know I would to be able to tweak her phone out. But also learn more about Android myself at the sametime.

If there are tips,, tweaks or hacks from other Android phones that will work on the Moment, please add them here and I will update the thread according.

Thanks for your help and support.

Shaun

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: SAMSUNG MOMENT TIPS, TWEAKS, HACKS and FAQ

Should list the two how to root Samsung Moment first
After rooting you can list how to remove Sprint installed applications and the link to what to do after you rooted your phone or you can list them here again...
Things like adding the ability to make your phone into a wireless router like you can with the HTC Touch Pro 2

I agree, we need to start consolidating these threads to make it easier to find things!
Great idea
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

This is a great idea and I think elephant007 is right on target. Shaun0207, if you want to edit the first post and list links to the different flashing how-tos, the thread about what you can remove when rooted and the thread for what to do after rooting, I think that is a really good start.

When you guys (and gals) get this thread where you want it, let me know and I will sticky it for you.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:43 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

FAQs
Q: What Operating System is on the Samsung Moment?
A: Android 1.5

Q: What bands does it run?
A: Dual Band 800/1900 MHz

Q: Browser type?
A: Full Google and Webkit Android Browser

Q: What are the dimensions?
A: 4.6"H x 2.34"W x 0.63"D

Q: What's the size and technology of the display?
1.78" x 3.2" with bright AMOLED

Q: AMOLED, what the heck is that anyway?
Stands for Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode. A OLED describes a specific type of ultra thin, ultra bright display technology which doesn't require a backlight and Active-Matrix refers to the technology behind the addressing of pixels

Q: How big is the screen resolution?
A: 320 x 480

Q: I heard the battery life isn't so great, what information can you give me about the battery and it's life?
A: It's a 3.6V 1440 mAh Li-ion battery with a reported standard talk time of 5 hours. Battery life improves with the CL14 update with reported dramatic improvements when the phone is rooted

Q: How about the input interface, will I have to worry about keeping up with a stylus?
A: A pointing device such as a stylus will not work, this phone only required finger touch and has a slideout QWERTY keyboard

Q: I like to take pictures of my friends and family, can you tell me about the camera on this phone?
A: 3.2 Megapixel camera with a digital zoom, there are alternate camera software in Market which are better than the stock software. This camera also has the ability to be a camcorder.

Q: Can this phone be used as an MP3 player, if so, what formats does it support?
A: Yes this phone can be used as a MP3 player. The formats it supports natively are MP3, OGG, 3GPP with more possible support by download Apps from Market

Q: Sweet, how about playing movies
A: Movies yes, you'll need to convert them into MP4, the Moment plays MP4s natively, you can play other formats by download additional Apps from Market

Q: You've said it in the last two answers, what the heck is Market?
A: Market is on your phone and indicated by a shopping bag icon with the word MARKET under it, that's where you can find thousands of apps to download and install on your phone, some are free, some are not, some are usefull and some aren't, you'll have to check it out for yourself

Q: Can I make my own ringtones?
A: Yes you can make your own ringtones, how to do that won't be discussed in the FAQ though, here's a hint look for RINGDROID in (yes you guessed it) Market

Q: I'd like to use this phone for business purposes as well as personal pleasure, can it be used as a business device?
A: Really depends on what you'll need the phone to do, it will sync with exchange email, contacts, calander and tasks. Receives other emails too, especially plays nicely with GMail. You can downoad apps to read Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, you can even get an app to read PDFs too!

Q: Voice mail, does this device support visual voice mail?
A: Yes, no longer call your own number from your phone to check voicemail, select which message you want to hear delete the ones you don't

Q: I like texting and picture mail, does this phone support that kind of stuff?
A: Yes, you can SMS, EMS and MMS to you hearts content. There are alternate apps available in the Market too (there I go with Market again!)

Q: Can I use this phone to do chat with?
A: Yes, although I don't use this feature Messaging is availabe and again, check the Market for more apps

Q: Other than cellular connectivity, what other connectivity is available on this phone?
Q: Bluetooth and WiFi

Q: What's the size of the internal memory and can I use external memory?
A: Internal memory size is 253MB and you can add a Micro SDCard up to 16GB

Q: I use my phone as my alarm clock to wake me, can this phonen do that too?
A: Many people user their phones to do more than just talk, this phone has an alarm, stopwatch, calculator, world time, speakerphone, to-do-list, calander and many other features. Again, the Market hosts a slue of additional apps

Q: This phone sounds awesome, why are there so many haters?
A: Most people hate what they cannot understand, you'll notice most of the haters are Hero owners. With that being said jokingly, of course some people will not like the phone simply because it's just not for them and they perfer some other phone. Not eveyone will like the same phone, if we all did we'd all own iPhones (another joke ha ha)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:13 PM
symbolicalove

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

How can I tell if my phone can b rooted
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment Android 2.1

KSUSocrates is a n00b

If it is a Samsung Moment and turns on.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Yes, if it's a Moment, it can be rooted, but just remember, any phone you can root, you can also brick.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment