PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Sprint users: Phone going to airplane mode (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114546)

chibucks 03-30-2010 06:19 PM

Re: Sprint users: Phone going to airplane mode

i've also heard that if you may want to not use WIFI if possible - as that has caused some people to go into that mode... not sure the reasoning or what not...

MrHawaii 03-31-2010 02:02 AM

Do a PRL Update. Current PRL is 60663, anything older go ahead and udate it. I experienced the same problem and was on 60658 (I think), updated to current PRL (at the time was 60662) and problem no longer happened.

Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Update PRL

Best of luck!

00_MACKIE_00 04-01-2010 08:32 AM

She had two in the first 2 days, I updated the PRL and I also rooted it the same night, no problems since. Thanks fellow geekers.

boiker 04-02-2010 02:27 PM

As someone who has had this error intermittently since November, I can say that it doesn't matter if you are on custom, cj05, or Cl14. It tends to happen randomly when charging, or not. With wifi, or not. With bluetooth on, or not.

It's maddening and the only fix is to pull the battery or power off and back on. Playing with the airplane mode switch does nothing.

The EVDO uplink issue is equally frustrating and requires a reboot.

And it is frustrating to watch your connection flip between EVDO and 1x despite full bars.

GPS accuracy and lock time is awful.

This phone is a pile of radio related problems.

I'm bitching about a lot, but in general, the phone is snappy, has a beautiful screen and runs android which makes me far more satisfied than I was with my Touch Pro or Mogul.

00_MACKIE_00 04-03-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boiker (Post 1676989)
As someone who has had this error intermittently since November, I can say that it doesn't matter if you are on custom, cj05, or Cl14. It tends to happen randomly when charging, or not. With wifi, or not. With bluetooth on, or not.

It's maddening and the only fix is to pull the battery or power off and back on. Playing with the airplane mode switch does nothing.

The EVDO uplink issue is equally frustrating and requires a reboot.

And it is frustrating to watch your connection flip between EVDO and 1x despite full bars.

GPS accuracy and lock time is awful.

This phone is a pile of radio related problems.

I'm bitching about a lot, but in general, the phone is snappy, has a beautiful screen and runs android which makes me far more satisfied than I was with my Touch Pro or Mogul.

hmm, havent had one issue since I rooted her phone and updated PRL.

ayryyn 04-03-2010 01:18 AM

Now I thought I was the only one. From what I gather from reading and researching on other forums and such, this happens intermittentl if a wifi widget is on the home screen. I have Beautiful Widgets installed with the beautiful wifi widget on. It would randomly drop my carrier signal and place an X on the strength bar. Setting airplane mode does not effect this issue.

I'd say 95% of the time after softresetting my phone it would search for a signal and never find it. I'd have to yank the battery 4 or 5 times before it finds the Sprint network. That is until I deleted the wifi widget. Since then I have yet seen this issue.

I am not sure if this information will help, but there you go.