PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2 and THE Moment. tp2_4sale
Carrier: THE NOW NETWORK

ps3evader is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bueller...bueller...bueller...anyone..we want roms

is there anyone who is developing roms for the moment
yhfkmgdh
Old 03-16-2010, 11:07 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: bueller...bueller...bueller...anyone..we want roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3evader View Post
is there anyone who is developing roms for the moment
yhfkmgdh
with all the research I have done, it seems there is a one thing holding back ROM development and that's Samsungs proprietary file system called SamsungRFS (no it's not ReiserFS as some have suggested) the RFS stands for Robust FAT File System. http://www.samsung.com/global/busine..._Brochure.html
as soon as developers figure out how to work with this, ROMs will be flowing to the gill.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the reply man i was wondering why
Old 03-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I also think that the reason no one is working too hard with it is because we are still on 1.5 with no base for 2.0/2.1. The drivers Samsung uses are different than HTC so there is not as much a cult following, if you will. Once the official 2.1 update is released for the Moment, I think you will see the work really begin.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

how come other samsung android devices have custom roms already and we dont???

Last edited by ps3evader; 03-17-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling errord
Old 03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3evader View Post
how come other samsung android devices have custom roms already and we dont???
I have no idea, I can give you some suggestions though
1. Go on another forum where they have custom ROMs for other Samsung Android phones and ask them why aren't there any custom ROMs for the Moment.
2. Figure out how to make a custom ROM for the Samsung Moment and be the first...

I looked into what it would take to make a custom ROM and the information I gave you previously is what I found out so I didn't go any further to figure out how to make a custom ROM

I agree with RainFreak too, why struggle with customizing 1.5 when we will get 2.5 in the (near) future...
What real advantage do we have to a customized ROM? Because then someone else can pre-install apps? Funny because Sprint pre-installs apps and we call them bloatware... ha ha, just food for though.

I too am with you, come already with the custom Roms!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Custom ROMs would be great. I am so fed up with this phone and I am hoping a custom ROM will resolve some of the issues, namely: terrible battery life and screen will not stay off during a call. I hit mute with my cheek 75% of the time.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

does anyone know where to start when making a rom.
i will be happy to spend my time trying to dev a rom.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:14 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I don't normally direct people to other forums, but the simple truth is some have more development information than we do. The following are good examples:

http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php?board=5.0

http://www.samsungmomentforum.com/ro...535d7add62d3e4
Old 03-18-2010, 11:21 AM
domo arigato mr roboto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Custom ROMs would be great. I am so fed up with this phone and I am hoping a custom ROM will resolve some of the issues, namely: terrible battery life and screen will not stay off during a call. I hit mute with my cheek 75% of the time.
Have you rooted your phone? I've noticed a huge battery performance difference after rooting my phone...

Hit mute with your cheek? Don't press the phone to your face so hard! HA HA
or talk on the phone like I see some people do, ear piece on your ear and the rest of the phone 90 degrees out!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment