PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   3rd time flashing..Settings not showing new kernel..Help!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114433)

tf2d 03-16-2010 08:21 PM

3rd time flashing..Settings not showing new kernel..Help!!

I've tried flashing 3 times, and I can't seem to get it to "stick"..Everytime I go to settings after I flash and the phone reboots it still says cupcake..I going crazy!!

Any suggestions please??

The build still says cupcake how to i get it away from that..lol i feel like such a noob

elephant007 03-16-2010 09:29 PM

Re: 3rd time flashing..Settings not showing new kernel..Help!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tf2d (Post 1634766)
I've tried flashing 3 times, and I can't seem to get it to "stick"..Everytime I go to settings after I flash and the phone reboots it still says cupcake..I going crazy!!

Any suggestions please??

The build still says cupcake how to i get it away from that..lol i feel like such a noob

Is this tied into your other thread about you thinking you bricked your wife's phone?
Are you following one of the HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG MOMENT on this site or are you following it from a different site?

rainfreak 03-17-2010 12:57 AM

We need you to be much more specific to be able to help you. What are you flashing, how are you doing it, if you are following a tutorial is it from here or another site, do you get any errors when flashing, etc?

The more detail you give us, the better we are going to be able to help you.

COWHEAD 03-17-2010 04:18 PM

If you have a Hero you need to go to the Hero upgrade section.

elephant007 03-17-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWHEAD (Post 1636799)
If you have a Hero you need to go to the Hero upgrade section.

Good catch, I guess we automatically thought he was talking about the Moment.

tf2d 03-18-2010 12:02 AM

no.no no. i just got my wife a moment i use a hero..I wanted to root her phone add a them things of that sort..I ran into so many qwirks I thought i was goin to give it in..between the pc never seeing the phone in recovery..to not clear the delvik cache and flashing a theme..I felt like suck a noob and I'm really not..lol

elephant007 03-18-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tf2d (Post 1637711)
no.no no. i just got my wife a moment i use a hero..I wanted to root her phone add a them things of that sort..I ran into so many qwirks I thought i was goin to give it in..between the pc never seeing the phone in recovery..to not clear the delvik cache and flashing a theme..I felt like suck a noob and I'm really not..lol

Technically speaking you are a noob because this is the first Samsung Moment phone you've worked on :)

I am guessing you're still having problems with this phone? If so, I have a few things for you to try...
  • Take out the battery for 20 second and put it back in
  • Do a factory reset on your phone (Vol Down + Camera + End) rest to factory
  • Reboot the phone and check to see if the phone is CL14 Cupcake
  • On your computer, remove ANYTHING related to Samsung
  • Including ALL Samsung drivers and espeically PC Studio
  • Remove Sprint Utility, after everything has been removed reboot computer
  • Install Sprint Utility only, reboot if required
  • Start the rooting process
  • If your phone isn't recognized, go to C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Driver run Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2.0.0)_V1.2.1060.0.ms i, you might have to reboot the computer (NOTE: I'm using Windows 7, I right clicked the MSI went to PROPERTIES clicked on COMPATIBILITY tab and chose to run compatibility to previous version of Windows, this might not be required)
  • Re-restart the rooting process, making sure to follow each step the Sprint Utility prompts you to do, no shortcutting!

After all this mini-how to is done, hopefully you will have your phone rooted!

tf2d 03-18-2010 03:23 PM

I'm not having any more problems. I've rooted and flashed joeys kernel, and I think but not sure if his cl14 update came with a custom Rom. But what is the best performance Rom for the moment?

elephant007 03-18-2010 04:17 PM

currently there are no custom roms for the Moment
I have only used two kernels, Zefie's and SpeedRabbit, I am on day two of using SpeedRabbits kernel so I don't have enough info to report about that kernel. Zefies if stable, fast and good battery management...