PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Need help please... I borked Moxie Mail! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114276)

JeffKay 03-15-2010 08:19 PM

Need help please... I borked Moxie Mail!

Ok, I rooted my phone and deleted some stock apps. No worries there. I backup them up using Android Mate.

I wanted to delete Moxie Mail and replace it with a newer build... BAD MISTAKE.. You can't install the retail.. I guess other components are too tightly wound in.

I though I backed up the app.. I did not. Also, the data backup did not back up the apps, again I thought it would.

Can someone please email me the Moxie Stock Moment apk file.. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

rainfreak 03-15-2010 08:30 PM

Re: Need help please... I borked Moxie Mail!

Check your PM.

JeffKay 03-15-2010 08:32 PM

Thank you!!!!!!

rainfreak 03-15-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffKay (Post 1632379)
Thank you!!!!!!

No problem brother, being rooted makes it as easy as a few commands. Fortunately I also setup FTP access to my server on my Moment, so I didn't even have to sync to get it on my server for you.

JeffKay 03-15-2010 08:49 PM

Ok... It's still broken... can I apply the cupcake update from samsung and start over?

rainfreak 03-15-2010 08:57 PM

You did restart your Moment after installing Moxier Mail, correct? If you did and it still isn't working, I hate to say it, but...

I think you are going to have to reflash with stock Sprint and then root again, sorry. The funny thing about root access is that sometimes you do things to your phone that aren't funny at all.

JeffKay 03-16-2010 01:29 AM

rainfreak - you are 100% correct. I had to reflash to stock and start again. Oh well.. the life of a modder!

rainfreak 03-16-2010 08:45 AM

Glad you got it working again. And this time, leave Moxier Mail...

JeffKay 03-16-2010 12:04 PM

I hear ya! I'm not thrilled with Moxie Rainfreak.. but I have to sync with my exchange server at work. I hear that functionality is build into 2.1.. we will see!

ps3evader 03-16-2010 09:50 PM

what is moxie mail...i deleted it

rainfreak 03-16-2010 09:55 PM

A mail app for syncing with a Microsoft Exchange server.

ps3evader 03-16-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1634977)
A mail app for syncing with a Microsoft Exchange server.

is it important to have..thanks for the reply. what is m$ server anyways

rainfreak 03-17-2010 12:53 AM

It is only important if you use your device for work and your office has a Microsoft Exchange mail server. Exchange allows you to sync your email, contacts, calendar and tasks with a mobile device utilizing push technology, which means that as a new email arives for you on the server you automatically get a copy on your phone.

I have an Exchange server at my office so I use Moxier Mail for syncing with it for my corporate emails, calendar and contacts. I use the Gmail app on my Moment for my Google mail account. I also use the general email client on my Moment for my personal email from my hosted server (rainfreak.com). The Gmail and general email client both have to check for new messages, which do so at set intervals (1,5,10,30 minutes, etc). Moxier, on the other hand, doesn't check for messages but rather notifies me when a new message is pushed to me from the Exchange server.

You can read more about Microsoft Exchange, see a working demo, and watch videos about it here.