PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
moment 100% awake

My wife has been experiencing poor battery life on her moment. This is after the CL-14 update. I checked her up-time on the phone, and it is at 100%. I called Sprint tech support on this, and the lady I spoke with was clueless.

Background data is switched off...Gps is off....Default messaging is off, handcent is in its place. Weather widget is not active...wi-fi is off, and just about everything I can think of pulling the battery is off.

I did download spare parts from the market, but under battery history, it show no usage data available. Guess its not compatible? Any other recommendations?

The CL-14 update I used was the official Sprint one, I didn't want to void the warranty with a custom kernel.

My wife says the phone is always warm, and battery sucks. I am baffled and outta ideas. Is this a hardware issue, or am I missing something?

B.T.W. she is using open-home, but I don't know how much of a battery hog that is.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry 8530

schufly is a n00b
Re: moment 100% awake

I have used open home, and I don't recall a setting for always awake. HAve you tried uninstalling it? If that doesnt work I'de say take your moment for a ride to the phone store. Tell the phone it's going to a big farm in the country where it can run around with other moments.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I am using Open Home 4.4 (Full) and actually have my task killer (Process Manager) ignore it. I have not seen any loss of battery performance from Open Home as I still get about 24 hours, on a full charge, with moderate to heavy usage. Though I do think that Open Home has a memory leak, because if I kill it and restart it I gain back close to 20 MB of memory. Then, after a day or two, it creeps back up in usage again.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

rudyru01 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbus182 View Post
My wife has been experiencing poor battery life on her moment. This is after the CL-14 update. I checked her up-time on the phone, and it is at 100%. I called Sprint tech support on this, and the lady I spoke with was clueless.

Background data is switched off...Gps is off....Default messaging is off, handcent is in its place. Weather widget is not active...wi-fi is off, and just about everything I can think of pulling the battery is off.

I did download spare parts from the market, but under battery history, it show no usage data available. Guess its not compatible? Any other recommendations?

The CL-14 update I used was the official Sprint one, I didn't want to void the warranty with a custom kernel.

My wife says the phone is always warm, and battery sucks. I am baffled and outta ideas. Is this a hardware issue, or am I missing something?

B.T.W. she is using open-home, but I don't know how much of a battery hog that is.
i would use a custom kernal because you can always revert back to stock. ive been using joeykrims kernal from over at sdx-developers and with moderate use i get 2 days before i have to charge my phone.i also use set cpu,its available in the market. this really has helped with battery life.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

spare parts should work - it'll need to be unplugged to show data.

is your menu > settings > locations > use wireless networks off?

also, check to see if you have any other widgets that may be running (if setCPU is not configured correctly, it won't let you sleep either)
Old 03-12-2010, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/958; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

buy another battery or two on ebay for $5 each. In order for your battery to learn itself you need to charge it fully and let it run out, meanin let it shut off on its own. i suggest another battery because always ccharging the battery is not good. i bought 5 batteries becuz i am on my phone all the time. all my batteries know to last for awhile. it wasnt like tht at first. they use to die like 2-3 hrs after usage.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

vabronxboogie is just getting started

its a good idea to buy a universal BATTERY charger. i dont ever use my home charger. In this picture it shows my battery widget called Battery left....its shows how many hrs and minutes till ur phone dies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot1268375832145.jpg (10.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/958; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

buy another battery or two on ebay for $5 each. In order for your battery to learn itself you need to charge it fully and let it run out, meanin let it shut off on its own. i suggest another battery because always ccharging the battery is not good. i bought 5 batteries becuz i am on my phone all the time. all my batteries know to last for awhile. it wasnt like tht at first. they use to die like 2-3 hrs after usage.
I think your information might be outdated.
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryUniversity
Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment