PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

jhronesz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Call Screen Picture?

I've tried searching the forums, but can't seem to find anything. Is there any way to enlarge the photo in the call screen?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Call Screen Picture?

I have read a few threads in other forums on how to do it but I am sure that you have to be rooted.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jhronesz is a n00b

I have rooted it using the stickied thread. I just can't seem to find anything on how to enlarge the pictures. I have googled it as well to no avail. Could you point me in a direction as to where you found this in other threads?
Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

My bad, actually it is able to be done in 1.6, not 1.5.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-mom...ny-update.html
Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jhronesz is a n00b

I appreciate your help. I'll just have to wait for the 2.1 update like everyone else.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhronesz View Post
I appreciate your help. I'll just have to wait for the 2.1 update like everyone else.
yes, you can increase the caller ID picture - the issue is that it'll be pixelated because it's associated with google (and they shrink it when synching)

here are the instructions i posted somewhere else (also, you can remove your mute and speaker buttons too):

oh, you can make the pic larger as well... full screen... there's an image of it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=576310

as for installing, backup your current Phone.apk in your /system/app folder and
just push this one (deodex'd if you've deodex'd your system) over the Phone.apk (need to rename to "Phone.apk").

Post Merge: February 19, 2010, 11:07:43 AMfor those that want to play around, here's a step-by-step on what i used and did (from the beginning so hopefully others will learn):

Assumptions:
Your phone is rooted and you can ADB on your computer

Programs used (all free):
7-zip (to extract and maintain the file)
HxD (hex editor)
AXMLPrinter2.jar (allows text of XML files) - make sure you put it into the folder with the xml file

Steps for Contact Picture enlargement:
1. Grabbed the Phone.apk file from my phone (located in /system/app)
2. Extracted call_card_person_info.xml from /layout folder
3. Opened up command prompt and navigate to the folder with the xml file
4. Type in (without quotation marks) "java -jar AXMLPrinter2.jar call_card_person_info.xml > call_card_person_info.txt" - this will give you a text version of the xml
5. Open up the text version and take a look - it should have a section like this:

<ImageView android:id="@+id/photo"
android:layout_width="116px" Change to 210px or bigger if you want
android:layout_height="116px" Change to 210px or bigger if you want
android:scaleType="center" (or 05) Change to fitXY
android:background="@drawable/incall_photo_border"/>

6. Using HxD, open up the xml (call_card_person_info.xml). If you want to try different values, a good way is to put the decimal into a scientific calculator to determine the value for the HEX. These are the values you'll need to change for a 210px:

Offset 0x481 -> change 74 (width 116px, default) to D2 (210px)
Offset 0x495 -> change 74 (width 116px, default) to D2 (210px)
Offset 0x4A8 -> change 05 (centered) to 01 (fitXY)

7. Save. You can "java -jar AXMLPrinter2.jar call_card_person_info.xml > call_card_person_info.txt" to verify that you're changing the correct values (pretty neat eh?)
8. Drag it back into its original folder (/layout)
9. If you want a full screen (Eclair look) - take the drawable folder from one of the files here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=576310 and replace:

incall_frame_bluetooth_tall_port.9.png
incall_frame_connected_tall_port.9.png
incall_frame_hold_tall_port.9.png
incall_frame_normal_tall_port.9.png
incall_photo_border.9.png (not sure if this is needed, but that's what I did)

10. Voila - you have a full screen Phone.apk (however the mute & speaker buttons are still there and active)
11. Connect your phone in recovery (vol down, call, end) and "adb push Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk" and reboot

Steps for Removing the Mute & Speaker Buttons:
1. Grabbed the Phone.apk file from my phone (located in /system/app)
2. Extracted incall_screen.xml from /layout folder
3. Opened up command prompt and navigate to the folder with the xml file
4. Type in (without quotation marks) "java -jar AXMLPrinter2.jar incall_screen.xml > incall_screen.txt" - this will give you a text version of the xml
5. Open up the text version and take a look
6. Using HxD, open up the xml. These are the values you'll need to remove the buttons:

Offset 0x92D (toggle 1 width) - changed from 52 -> 0
Offset 0x941 (toggle 1 height) - changed from 32 -> 0
Offset 0xAF9 (toggle 2 width) - changed from 52 -> 0
Offset 0xB0D (toggle 2 height) - changed from 32 -> 0
Offset 0xA45 (button height) - changed from 32 -> 0
Offset 0xA31 (button width) - changed from 53 -> 0

voila, no more buttons (you can still pull up from menu).
7. Save. You can "java -jar AXMLPrinter2.jar incall_screen.xml > incall_screen.txt" to verify that you're changing the correct values (pretty neat eh?)
8. Drag it back into its original folder (/layout)
9. Voila - you have no more buttons in your Phone.apk
10. Connect your phone in recovery (vol down, call, end) and "adb push Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk" and reboot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Thanks, that is one that I saw over at SDX but I also saw a number of complaints in that thread of other issues, which is why I did not post that here. Are you saying that you personally did it, on a (rooted) Samsung Moment, and it worked with no ill side effects?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Thanks, that is one that I saw over at SDX but I also saw a number of complaints in that thread of other issues, which is why I did not post that here. Are you saying that you personally did it, on a (rooted) Samsung Moment, and it worked with no ill side effects?
i have this on my moment and it works with no side effect.

the issues that occurred were that i initially started doing this without a deodex'd system (i didn't install any themes and such, so i didn't see any reason to); which means, it'd only work on my phone... so no one else could use my Phone.apk (even though it worked on my phone); and that's where most of the issues came from - other people got force closes because it was only for my phone.

the solution was to do this on a deodex'd system (but you'd have to deodex yours as well) or else just do it manually (the instructions are above). ultimately, i'm not sure if it's that worth it because like i said, google shrinks your contact pictures, so when we stretch it for the contact picture, it pixelates... unfortunately.

however, getting rid of the mute and speaker buttons is worth it.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Yeah, I thought about doing it because I only show my Exchange contacts because it is a work phone and the Exchange contacts pictures are a little larger and will pixelate a lot less, if at all. Thanks, I may give this a try this weekend.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jhronesz is a n00b

I too use exchange and the pics are too large for the small section for the pic. So I only see a portion of the pic. I may try this tomorrow and see what happens.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment