PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 05:26 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Browser for Android is here!

Opera Mini 5 has officially launched for the Android platform. The stock browser on the Moment was one of the main reasons I kept going back to my Touch Pro2. Opera Mini 5 has made web browsing on the Moment fun again. Go and grab it from the Market while it's hot! Post your likes/dislikes.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Axim x51v
Carrier: verizon

palmmann is a n00b
Re: Opera Browser for Android is here!

i'm liking it, crazy fast even in comparison to when i used it on my touch pro.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Nick N is just getting started

I have been waiting for this...

Using mobilespeedtest.com I compared Opera Mini 5 vs Stock browser with 3G connection sitting at my work desk which is located in a spot where Verizon folks are always walking around with their phones in the air trying to get a signal ...

Stock browser running 1MB test:

Your speed 659.522 Kbps
Latency: 0.364 seconds
Transferred 1000KB in 12.13 seconds

-----------------------------

Opera Mini 5 Beta running 1MB test:

Your speed: 5263.158 Kbps
Latency: 0.143 seconds
Transferred 1000Kb in 1.52 seconds

Opera Mini 5 Beta running 7MB test:

Your speed: 6922.126 Kbps
Latency: 0.127 seconds
Transferred 7000Kb in 8.09 seconds

Retired: Sprint HTC Vogue with Eclair 2.1 and live wallpapers

Last edited by Nick N; 03-11-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:30 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm only seeing Beta (checked once)
Is the version you speak of unBeta?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick N View Post
I have been waiting for this...

Using mobilespeedtest.com I compared Opera Mini 5 vs Stock browser with 3G connection sitting at my work desk which is located in a spot where Verizon folks are always walking around with their phones in the air trying to get a signal ...

Stock browser running 1MB test:

Your speed 659.522 Kbps
Latency: 0.364 seconds
Transferred 1000KB in 12.13 seconds

-----------------------------

Opera Mini 5 Beta running 1MB test:

Your speed: 5263.158 Kbps
Latency: 0.143 seconds
Transferred 1000Kb in 1.52 seconds

Opera Mini 5 Beta running 7MB test:

Your speed: 6922.126 Kbps
Latency: 0.127 seconds
Transferred 7000Kb in 8.09 seconds

hehe, that's cuz you're running the speedtest off of opera's servers.

i'm liking it a lot - it's now my default browser... only complaint is usage of the trackball / optical stick is a little slow and it doesn't allow to get out of the text window automatically.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

It's not bad, but I like xScope a lot more. When they offer Opera Mobile for Android I'll see how it stacks up, but until then I am going to stick with xScope.

BTW, if you don't know about xScope, I am going to write a review on it in the next day or two for the PPCG portal. I will also be giving away free licenses in a contest that will run all next week.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

See this is why i love android.. ( not that wm was bad..) we have so many choices..I love the fact we have great camera programs like camerafx..or many others.. dont like the stock browser.. well u have many to chose from..same with alot of everything else..

android has me covered 3 times over compared to wm.....I dont care to much for wm7..
Old 03-11-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
It's not bad, but I like xScope a lot more. When they offer Opera Mobile for Android I'll see how it stacks up, but until then I am going to stick with xScope.

BTW, if you don't know about xScope, I am going to write a review on it in the next day or two for the PPCG portal. I will also be giving away free licenses in a contest that will run all next week.
interesting... first time i heard about this browser. can't wait to read the review!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post

You can just send it my way now
Old 03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I installed Opera Mini Beta, by noon my phone died... charged it, removed Opera Mini Beta and my phone is still alive!

Is it the beta version everyone is referring to?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment