PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 01:25 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sprint 4G Commercial

I see Sprint has a 4G commercial where they guy says that he can download videos quicker and watch Airplane on his phone and it's a Samsung Moment, what the.... our phones are 4G compatible?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: New Sprint 4G Commercial

Nope, afraid not. Sprint doesn't have any 4G compatible phones yet, but the rumor is that their first one is the Supersonic, which I think is why they show the Moment. FWIW, the rumor on the Supersonic release is "summer 2010," which means that Sprint is thinking anytime from May on...
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry 8530
Carrier: Sprint

schufly is a n00b

I noticed that commercial too, and wondered if Sprint was going to offer us all automatic renewal pricing so we can be happy and get into 4g phones. Then I sat back down and continued playing cards with the Easter Bunny and Elvis. What....could happen.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schufly View Post
I noticed that commercial too, and wondered if Sprint was going to offer us all automatic renewal pricing so we can be happy and get into 4g phones. Then I sat back down and continued playing cards with the Easter Bunny and Elvis. What....could happen.
Could have gotten a late night call from Marylin Monroe!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
I see Sprint has a 4G commercial where they guy says that he can download videos quicker and watch Airplane on his phone and it's a Samsung Moment, what the.... our phones are 4G compatible?
i think the context of the commercial was they were using the Moment's wifi to connect to the Overdrive, which would provide 4G speeds to any wifi device
Old 03-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

That's a good possibility, though they were also talking about "4G devices" in a general term, which will lead to an open thought process by the viewer. And I am certain that is what they were looking to do. Push 4G and all of it's coolness and speed without actually saying that they don't have one single handset with 4G capabilities released yet. But they want to begin building up the value of 4G for current and new markets, especially prior to the release of their first 4G handset, because that will help them drive up sales on that and future 4G handsets.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
That's a good possibility, though they were also talking about "4G devices" in a general term, which will lead to an open thought process by the viewer. And I am certain that is what they were looking to do. Push 4G and all of it's coolness and speed without actually saying that they don't have one single handset with 4G capabilities released yet. But they want to begin building up the value of 4G for current and new markets, especially prior to the release of their first 4G handset, because that will help them drive up sales on that and future 4G handsets.
i'm sure that's exactly what they're doing. just like when they started airing the Pre commercials, "Palm Pre, from the only nationwide 4G network" i can't even count the number of people that came into my store asking about the Pre being 4G
They're just trying to be vague to get as many customers as they can as quickly as possible even though WiMax isn't deployed far enough to be useful

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment