PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Another 2.1 news update

http://phandroid.com/2010/03/19/spri...-2-1-in-april/

Leaked document from Sprint confirms Nexus One, and states that the 2.1 update for the Hero and Moment are in the coming weeks. Also they state more 2.1 details will be given in April.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

outerpip is a n00b

Here's to hoping. TP2 update was out about a week and a half later than what my other post said, so that would be on schedule for the moment if it came out in the first 2 weeks of April. Heck, I'd be fine with an official release date being announced in early April, even if the release was scheduled for a month or 2 later, just to quit wondering.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Moment, Epic 4G

dmauin717 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dmauin717 Send a message via MSN to dmauin717 Send a message via Yahoo to dmauin717

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3evader View Post
hell yeah another fellow ps3 owner
whats your psn?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

well its 3/26 its not here close this thread
Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

outerpip is a n00b

Did you not read any of the posts on here.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
dont need to started out with todays date as the topic the topic either needs to be changed or this thread deleted and changed into Android 2.1 news update with a different body as its gonna confuse and piss people off.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Here's the latest that I saw but no mention of the Moment update

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...d-21-april-9th

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
well its 3/26 its not here close this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
Why all the frustration? Do you have a Moment and didn't update your PPCG profile to show it? Are you trying to get the 2.1 update for the Moment for a family member, co-worker or friend?

I mean, we all know that it's Sprint that we are talking about. They will release the update when they are good and ready, and not before. This thread was just discussion on the rumor of the update being released on this date.

There is no reason to close this thread or stop the discussion on the ongoing rumors of when we will actually get the Android 2.1 update.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

I dont have a moment but the wife and her sister both on my account do and sick of hearing thier gripping about it. I may just root them for them grrr. and that picture above is about a picturemail update nothing about 2.1. That rumor with above needs to be squashed before it spreads like wild fire to every damn tech website. it could be 2.1 but nothing on it states that all I see is something about picturemail update. I wish sprint wasnt so damn slow on updates took forever for the tp2 taking forever for the moment and hero.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
I dont have a moment but the wife and her sister both on my account do and sick of hearing thier gripping about it. I may just root them for them grrr. and that picture above is about a picturemail update nothing about 2.1. That rumor with above needs to be squashed before it spreads like wild fire to every damn tech website. it could be 2.1 but nothing on it states that all I see is something about picturemail update. I wish sprint wasnt so damn slow on updates took forever for the tp2 taking forever for the moment and hero.
Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the rumors, phone sites are always full of them. Sure, we always feel let down when the update doesn't come like we hope for, but many of us who have been around for awhile don't expect too much from the rumors that we hear.

As for your wife's and her sister's Moments, I would recommend that you root them. The increase in speed performance is very noticable, the battery can last much longer with the use of cachemate and a few other apps that require you to be rooted, and you can get rid of some of the bloatware that is installed. There is a great tutorial here on how to root the Moment, if you choose to do so.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment