PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
LED notification.

so basically i love the phone, came from a hero,and this is just a nice upgrade. One thing that bothers the crap out of me is the lack of a led notification light. i hate having to ( yes it seems nick nackie) turn on the screen to see if i have a new noification. is there any way we could get a notificatin light? say maybe have the Home, Menu or back key blink for new notifications.????
Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: LED notification.

ok well i found Flash Notify in the market. The concept is great, but i was getting lockups so i emailed the developer to see if they could be fixed. also if we could have the option to flash the buttons instead of the screen.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's funny how when every one had the Touch Pro they complained about the LED being on TOO much, now that there's not one on this phone there's complaints that there isn't one which leads me to no matter what someone does to please someone else, there's always something new to complain about... you can please some of the people all of the time but not all of the people some of the time... something like that...

Not saying your complaint isn't valid though because I too wondered where the LED indicator was to notify me of messages and such, I don't miss it now though
Old 03-04-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Yeah, I went from my Touch Pro, and really regretted that it didn't have the LED, but, all I need notification for is text messages, so I just use ChompSMS. Does everything I need it to.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
It's funny how when every one had the Touch Pro they complained about the LED being on TOO much, now that there's not one on this phone there's complaints that there isn't one which leads me to no matter what someone does to please someone else, there's always something new to complain about... you can please some of the people all of the time but not all of the people some of the time... something like that...

Not saying your complaint isn't valid though because I too wondered where the LED indicator was to notify me of messages and such, I don't miss it now though
ive always been a fan of the LED light, i liked being able to make it flash differnt colors, that way i would know what i had waiting, so i didnt have to unlock the phone just to look unless i wanted too. youre right you cant please everyone, thats why we have developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz

+1 bc its so true
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

nvdeb is just getting started

I found an awesome app that does in fact blink the screen (not the led though) at intervals and play a ring tone. It is called missed reminder in the event anyone else is bothered by the lack of a notifier. This app is a lifesaver for me it is also very customizable. (grin)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment