PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customization

ok flashed with joey's latest...still having issue with being able to dl from the am...no themes are in place...just the same sunflower pic that was on it from the start...

Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customization

Not sure if anyone else knows about this, seems Zefie is going to stop developing kernels because he's getting a TP...
I'll update my HOW TO when and if needed to reflect using Joey's or SpeedRabbits kernels

Quote:
As you may or may not have heard from my Twitter or its followers, I am getting my Samsung Moment replaced with an HTC Touch Pro.
As my final goodbye to the Moment, I don't want all my work to go to waste...
He goes on to say he's willing to give all his dev stuff to someone who wishes to continue development...

Last edited by elephant007; 03-22-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I read this a week or two ago, they are trying to figure out who is going to take and upload all his stuff on SDX Devs. Who knows what will happen. He has left for another device before, seems to bash the Moment, then comes back to it....Having owned TP's, Diamonds, etc...etc.... that is definitely a downgrade IMO.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

rancherochido is a n00b

How do I know if I have CL14??
Old 03-23-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherochido View Post
How do I know if I have CL14??
On your phone hit Menu then Settings then About phone finally look under baseband.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I followed all instructions in first post and googled to try and find different options but could not get my computer to recognize the phone so I will be returning it today since im within my thirty days. Hopefully I will get a phone that syncs
Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWHEAD View Post
Well I followed all instructions in first post and googled to try and find different options but could not get my computer to recognize the phone so I will be returning it today since im within my thirty days. Hopefully I will get a phone that syncs
Do you have PC Studio installed on your computer? It is necessary to remove all existing drivers before install Sprint Utility...
Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Do you have PC Studio installed on your computer? It is necessary to remove all existing drivers before install Sprint Utility...
No pc Studio the only thing i have is samsung simpledl and the samsung usb driver I tried it on two windows xp I also unchecked the USB debugging on my phone.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWHEAD View Post
No pc Studio the only thing i have is samsung simpledl and the samsung usb driver I tried it on two windows xp I also unchecked the USB debugging on my phone.
when you plug your phone into your computer via USB, does it charge? Does it show that USB is plugged in and gives you the option to mount your SDCard?

If your phone does show it's plugged in USB and you can mount your SDCard I'd recommend trying these things
Remove all of the Samsung software you have installed including all drivers
Reboot your computer
Install Sprint Utility
Browse to C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Driver and install Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2.0.0)_V1.2.1060.0.ms i
Reboot computer
Try using Sprint Utility again, remember it's important to follow the prompts the utility gives you exactly no shortcutting either
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Here's my first contribution for the Moment,

I have found that you can remove these without affecting the core OS apps. There are a few more that you can remove but I use them so I didn't try removing them yet,

12.5MB in all

amazonmp3_1.4+4_standard_signed.apk
Bejeweled.apk
Brightness.apk (Does not affect auto brightness)
Brightness.odex
FileViewer.apk
FileViewer.odex
im.apk
KeyBoardSlideUpCounter.apk
KeyBoardSlideUpCounter.odex
LatinIME.apk (Default SIP)
LatinIME.odex
MoxierMail-2.1.36.1.apk
nascar09_prod.apk
nfl_prod.apk
SDSA.apk (Device Self Service)
SetupWizard.apk
shutdown.apk (Low battery shutdown)
shutdown.odex
SN21_Samsung_Q-1187-signed.apk (Sprint Naviation)
Sprint_App_Updater.apk
SprintTV.apk
SprintTVWidget.apk
Term.apk
Term.odex
VSuiteApp.apk
Weather.apk
xms-android-1.0.42-prod.apk (Photo & Video Places)

Last edited by Calkulin; 03-23-2010 at 01:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment