PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customization

Thanks calk, that is a great list and will definitely help people!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Here's my first contribution for the Moment,

I have found that you can remove these without affecting the core OS apps. There are a few more that you can remove but I use them so I didn't try removing them yet,

12.5MB in all

amazonmp3_1.4+4_standard_signed.apk
Bejeweled.apk
Brightness.apk (Does not affect auto brightness)
Brightness.odex
FileViewer.apk
FileViewer.odex
im.apk
KeyBoardSlideUpCounter.apk
KeyBoardSlideUpCounter.odex
LatinIME.apk (Default SIP)
LatinIME.odex
MoxierMail-2.1.36.1.apk
nascar09_prod.apk
nfl_prod.apk
SDSA.apk (Device Self Service)
SetupWizard.apk
shutdown.apk (Low battery shutdown)
shutdown.odex
SN21_Samsung_Q-1187-signed.apk (Sprint Naviation)
Sprint_App_Updater.apk
SprintTV.apk
SprintTVWidget.apk
Term.apk
Term.odex
VSuiteApp.apk
Weather.apk
xms-android-1.0.42-prod.apk (Photo & Video Places)
thanks cal! now if there were a one touch option to remove all at once...there are so many explorer apps that allow you to remove things but such a daunting task...we need mortscript for android!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
when you plug your phone into your computer via USB, does it charge? Does it show that USB is plugged in and gives you the option to mount your SDCard?

If your phone does show it's plugged in USB and you can mount your SDCard I'd recommend trying these things
Remove all of the Samsung software you have installed including all drivers
Reboot your computer
Install Sprint Utility
Browse to C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Driver and install Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2.0.0)_V1.2.1060.0.ms i
Reboot computer
Try using Sprint Utility again, remember it's important to follow the prompts the utility gives you exactly no shortcutting either
I went to best buy and they plugged the phone to one of their computers and Sd card was detected so im back trying everything again.. still no luck. the one thing that does work is that it starts charging as soon as i plug in the USB. Has anyone tried using the sprint utility this way and been successful. What's the worst that will happen if I run the utility? Maybe I need a New computer with windows 7.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWHEAD View Post
I went to best buy and they plugged the phone to one of their computers and Sd card was detected so im back trying everything again.. still no luck. the one thing that does work is that it starts charging as soon as i plug in the USB. Has anyone tried using the sprint utility this way and been successful. What's the worst that will happen if I run the utility? Maybe I need a New computer with windows 7.
I am late to the convo, so I don't know what your initial problem was. If you are having trouble getting your computer to recognize the phone just to mount the sd card, do you have USB Debugging checked or not? I know I had it checked and it gave me issues trying to Mount my SD Card.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I am late to the convo, so I don't know what your initial problem was. If you are having trouble getting your computer to recognize the phone just to mount the sd card, do you have USB Debugging checked or not? I know I had it checked and it gave me issues trying to Mount my SD Card.
Originaly it was checked and I unchecked it but it still doesn't mount. It's something with my computer because It mounted fine in a computer at Best Buy. I don't have any other samsung software other than the sprint utility which i've installed and uninstalled numerous times with no luck.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 PM

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community

What Sprint Utility are you referring to? The Upgrade Tool? That shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Are you on a Custom Kernel? Which one? I read somewhere you can hook it up to your pc via USB, then reset and it has worked in making the PC recognize the phone.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
What Sprint Utility are you referring to? The Upgrade Tool? That shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Are you on a Custom Kernel? Which one? I read somewhere you can hook it up to your pc via USB, then reset and it has worked in making the PC recognize the phone.
Confused. I am trying to root my phone for the first time and am following the directions on the first, post one of them is the Sprint Utility which is what i think I need to root my phone and get a custom Kernel?... If I run the Sprint Utility will it find my phone in order to root and if it doesn't will it mess up my phone? thanks for your help carla

Last edited by COWHEAD; 03-23-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 PM

Ahh, see I said I didn't see your initial posting.

Let me start over. When you went into Best Buy, you put your phone into DL mode and the computer was able to recognize and install the drivers?

What OS are you running? XP/Vista/7?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ahh, see I said I didn't see your initial posting.

Let me start over. When you went into Best Buy, you put your phone into DL mode and the computer was able to recognize and install the drivers?

What OS are you running? XP/Vista/7?
Yes the comp at best buy was windows 7 and my comp is xp
Old 03-23-2010, 11:44 PM

XP should actually be the easier system to do it on....When you run the Utillity, and you put your phone into DL mode like you normally would.....It just sits there and will not recognize the phone at all? Do you have Samsung PCStudio installed on your computer?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment