PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Moargasm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on Samsung Moment Without Official CL14 Update

Sprint, the employees at the sprint store, and the computer at the sprint store that lets moment users do it now.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moargasm View Post
I used this method to perfectly root my Moment, and I was happy. However, about 6 hours later sprint decided it was time to upgrade my phone to CL14, in preparation for Android 2.1 in 2 days.

So how do I change everything back to normal without losing all of my apps and data? Or can I run the updates like this?
Most likely you will have to redo all your apps and configuration, I don't know for sure though. The reason I think we would is because it's not an upgrade on the existing version, it's a platform upgrade... meaning it would be an entirely different configuration than our existing 1.5.

How you prepare for this?
I would think that you would have to reflash your phone with the Official Sprint CL14 Maintenance update and then when that is accomplished, update to 2.1... I would guess that 2.1 would make sure you are at the latest 1.5 version with all the updates first before it would install. Only way to know for sure is when 2.1 become available for our phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Who says 2.1 is coming out in 2 days?
Lies and deceit!! Who knows when 2.1 will really be available... could be in the next couple of days or weeks or months or year(s)... All I know is it will come out when it comes out... Until then, let's enjoy our time with 1.5
Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Lurker

Moargasm is a n00b

So how do I flash my phone back to the original version?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moargasm View Post
So how do I flash my phone back to the original version?
Using the Sprint Utility which comes with the CL14 Update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ap90033 is a n00b

For idiots like me what guide do i use for Updating/Rooting my samsung moment. I have it updated with Sprints 2.1 update. I want to try Calk's 2.1 but dont want to screw up and most of the how to's I have seen are for those with or without CL14 but none mention (i dont think) 2.1...
Old 06-12-2010, 06:11 PM
cw0802

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I dunno who should be notified but the Odin link is dead.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
What update is your Moment on? I don't think you need Odin anymore, I think everything is done through the Sprint Utility.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 3G. Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint/ATT

phatstud is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
This was what I was looking for too...
Old 06-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

The links are dead because I removed them from my server. I did that for two reasons:
  1. This thread no longer applies to shipped Samsung Moments
  2. The method and use of ODIN is out of date
And, since I am the OP for the thread and a Mod, I am going to close this one down and unsticky it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment