PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on Samsung Moment Without Official CL14 Update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112084)

elephant007 02-26-2010 11:03 PM

Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on Samsung Moment

Does "for Moment users WITH the official CL14 update" include if you bought the phone brand new and it had CL14 straight out the box?

thmgombosi 02-26-2010 11:28 PM

I am assuming it does.

Carla 02-27-2010 02:36 AM

Looks great Rain :) Thanks for the props!

Carla 02-27-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elephant007 (Post 1594424)
Does "for Moment users WITH the official CL14 update" include if you bought the phone brand new and it had CL14 straight out the box?

Yes it does, you would need patchoob Kernels.

Carla 02-27-2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thmgombosi (Post 1594338)
man i have tried this and keeps getting stuck. i have tried everything in the faq and still nothing any ideas? i am running vista

Some people are successful with Vista and 7, some aren't. Where are you getting stuck. I was able to Flash once, only once, on a 7 machine, after that I had to dig out an old XP Tower simply to flash when I had the Moment. Make sure you have PC Studio CLOSED when you are doing this or you will get hung up. Like I said though, where are you getting stuck? Is it "detecting" your phone?

rainfreak 02-27-2010 03:39 AM

Thanks Carla, I appreciate all your help and your kind words. And how could I do a tutorial on this without giving you props?

thm... Carla hit it on the head... Vista and Win 7 are a little picky, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. If you have the Professional or Ultimate version of Win 7 you get one free license for a virtual host, so you could actually run Win XP virtually for flashing with ODIN. That is what I am doing on my laptop and it works very well.

Carla 02-27-2010 03:41 AM

Not that I need it at the moment, since I am momentless, but that is good info Rain! Thanks :)

insomniac 02-27-2010 08:29 AM

Thanks a lot Freak. Now I dont have to spend a lot of time this weekend googling and reading on rooting this.

thmgombosi 02-27-2010 11:20 AM

Ok carla and rain thanks for the help.... I got it past where it was locking up but now it locks up at "check download enviroment" any ideas?

outerpip 02-27-2010 02:09 PM

What about us losers who got roped into running XP x64? And, have we found out how we are going to go about the 2.1 update when it comes out? Mostly I'm just rooting because I'm done with my exploration phase of my phone and now bored. Will probably go back to "official" 2.1 when it comes out to bask in it's glory for about 3 hours then move on.