PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsng Moment screen Recalibration

Anyone know if it is possible?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work
Re: Samsng Moment screen Recalibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Anyone know if it is possible?
i thought you weren't able to calibrate a capacitive touch screen.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
i thought you weren't able to calibrate a capacitive touch screen.
I cant remeber the site and forum, but when I tried a google search on this topic, I found out the hero can be calibrated, which is weird anyway because when I was playing with it in the store the other day, that screen was so responsive, samsung deployed this capactive screen horribly.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

I've done research too.....so far, the usual verdict is that it cannot be calibrated. If you find everything, you can install and calibrate the HTC qwerty/compact keyboard .apk, but thats about it. I agree with the fact that the moments screen is terrible as compared to the hero, which is unfortunate.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
I've done research too.....so far, the usual verdict is that it cannot be calibrated. If you find everything, you can install and calibrate the HTC qwerty/compact keyboard .apk, but thats about it. I agree with the fact that the moments screen is terrible as compared to the hero, which is unfortunate.
I saw that too. I am going to look intp it when I have more time to mess with stuff like that. Maybe the weekend. If it works propely on this phone and oddly unresponsove screen then it would be a keeper, its a good keyboard as my first impression of it showed to be. Well, maybe someone can chime in here at one point with a how to tut on calibrating this screen, its crazy that my tp2 restrictive screen is usually more responsive than this one.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:32 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Since it is a captive screen it will not need recalibration. If you feel you need to recalibrate, your only option is to do a factory reset. VolDown+Send+End and follow the on screen prompts.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Since it is a captive screen it will not need recalibration. If you feel you need to recalibrate, your only option is to do a factory reset. VolDown+Send+End and follow the on screen prompts.
Every screen on any device regardless of technology type, has to be calibrated to work. I use to deal with mc donalds and the newer registers use capacitive and the tech has a choice to recalibrate the screens which you get to by the manger putting in the passcode for you. I don't know why the average user thinks that capacative is not calibrated, all screens are calibrated, and there has to be a way to do it. } need to root this weekend, maybe that's the only way to figure it out, unless I return the phone, that's how unresponsivve the screen is and I have gone through 2 models, a reload of os twice, and a factory reset.

Last edited by insomniac; 02-24-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Every screen on any device regardless of technology type, has to be calibrated to work. I use to deal with mc donalds and the newer registers use capacitive and the tech has a choice to recalibrate the screens which you get to by the manger putting in the passcode for you. I don't know why the average user thinks that capacative is not calibrated, all screens are calibrated, and there has to be a way to do it. } need to root this weekend, maybe that's the only way to figure it out, unless I return the phone, that's how unresponsivve the screen is and I have gone through 2 models, a reload of os twice, and a factory reset.
All I'm giving you is what I read, let me find it and I'll post the link. You can recalibrate the screen and I told you how it can be done. Maybe you have too much electromagnetic output in your fingers?
I have no problems with my phone.

I was reading the Samsung Moment manual and it mentioned that the screen responds better to light touches versus heavy presses. Just curious if you've tried lighter touches?

I've been looking for the calibration captive screen thing, some hard evidence... surely we can find this thing

I emailed Samsung Tech support asking if there was any way to recalibrate the screen, their response is below
Quote:
Dear Elephant007,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there are no configurable options to recalibrate the screen. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this presents.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System.

We do thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support

Last edited by elephant007; 02-24-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well, sprint replaced my device today since i am still in the 30 days, screen is slightly better, atleast i dont have to click slightly left of anything i need to click, but sensitvity is still not there. factory reseting does not fix the issue. I think its a major hit and miss with this phone. this one is better. now i need to know how to fix the sensitivity, lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

If your screen was inaccurately positioning presses, it means that your digitizer was messed up in some way. On the hero, the recalibration is strictly for the software keyboard and aids in the word correction algorythm when you hit the wrong letters. It has no bearing on the interaction with the screen, just how to fix words when you screw them up. Capacitive screen can be calibrated at the factory and, barring a hardware issue, will always turn out exactly the same because the digitizer is electromagnetic. On a resistive screen, there is variation in the resistence of the plastic and therefore cannot be consistently calibrated at the factory, so they make you do it yourself. Hope this helps.

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment