PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:19 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tried Rooting, Now I have This **FIXED IT!**

I tried rooting my phone and now when I try to reboot the image I have uploaded is what I get stuck at, I am able to get to the Downloading screen still, so I think there's still hope, can anyone help me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (10.4 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by elephant007; 02-23-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Tried Rooting, Now I have This

I solve this
Press Vol Down/Send/End all together and did a factory reset
good thing I backup all my apps first!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Sorry man, I was not near a PC last night. Did you read my instructions carefully and pay attention to what to do if you had the CL14 update already installed and what to do if not? That's the only thing that I can think of off hand that would have gotten you into trouble...
Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Sorry man, I was not near a PC last night. Did you read my instructions carefully and pay attention to what to do if you had the CL14 update already installed and what to do if not? That's the only thing that I can think of off hand that would have gotten you into trouble...
Yes I followed your instructions, I have technical skill, I am a real computer tech for a living (no I don't work for Geek Squad ha ha)

It seems that the process just never completed, I never received a finished status... how long does the process take?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

skipdogg is just getting started

So would you guys say rooting is the way to go, because currently I am getting a lil frustrated with the moment. The lagging, the battery drain, I could go on but I am sure yall know the drill. I was just wondering if rooting could really fix some if not all of these problems.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14

boiker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Yes I followed your instructions, I have technical skill, I am a real computer tech for a living (no I don't work for Geek Squad ha ha)

It seems that the process just never completed, I never received a finished status... how long does the process take?
I got this problem when I had the sprint CL14 update installed (at a sprint store).

I had to get Odin 4.03 and put a CJ05 back on, then I used Odin 3.98 to put on CL14 then I could flash all the "patchoob" kernals I want.

Check this thread: http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=142.0
Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiker View Post
I got this problem when I had the sprint CL14 update installed (at a sprint store).

I had to get Odin 4.03 and put a CJ05 back on, then I used Odin 3.98 to put on CL14 then I could flash all the "patchoob" kernals I want.

Check this thread: http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=142.0
My phone came with CL14, I didn't update it or take it to Sprint to update.

What you're saying is downgrade my phone to CJ05 and the upgrade it using the CJ05 instructions?

My next question, if I do it this way will it change the factory restore partition or will that still be available?

What you are suggesting makes sense and I thought about doing the rooting process that way, just was hesitant to try yesterday for just reasons!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Tried Rooting, Now I have This **FIXED IT!**

Go with the downgrade and upgrade. It's worth it.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

SPIK3 is keeping up the good workSPIK3 is keeping up the good work
Re: Tried Rooting, Now I have This **FIXED IT!**

I rooted mine which came with CJ05 and the battery life improved 100%, just that makes it worth IMO.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment