PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   HTC HERO vs. SAMSUNG MOMENT (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111029)

skipdogg 02-16-2010 07:23 PM

HTC HERO vs. SAMSUNG MOMENT

I am starting have several issues with my Touch Pro, and I am looking into breaking into the Android scene. I have done some research and know some basic differences between the two. But I am just wanting to hear from you guys why the Moment and not the Hero..as I am currently leaning towards the Moment.

SAShady 02-16-2010 07:44 PM

Re: HTC HERO vs. SAMSUNG MOMENT

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipdogg (Post 1570222)
I am starting have several issues with my Touch Pro, and I am looking into breaking into the Android scene. I have done some research and know some basic differences between the two. But I am just wanting to hear from you guys why the Moment and not the Hero..as I am currently leaning towards the Moment.

800MHZ processor, hardware keyboard. AMOLED screen, and Android 2.1 right around the corner. As far as i'm concerned, Sense UI on the Hero is bloatware, and overrated. Moment all the way

skipdogg 02-16-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAShady (Post 1570259)
800MHZ processor, hardware keyboard. AMOLED screen, and Android 2.1 right around the corner. As far as i'm concerned, Sense UI on the Hero is bloatware, and overrated. Moment all the way

Thanks for the response. Will the 2.1 update add the pinch to zoom for the internet and camera options. I heard that as of right now the camera options are pretty limited.

vesty16277 02-16-2010 08:43 PM

I agree with Shady. I played with both and really all you are getting is the Sense. They tried to tell me that the moment is all buggy but what smartphone isn't these days? I prefer the hardware keyboard overall. I like the 800mhz processor, opens the doors for expansion later. I have a brand new tp2 never been used with a cooked rom on it and I haven't even had the urge to activate it yet. Two things I wish it had but this is more of an android issue is Forced roaming and an application that works just like pocket controller!

darren.wlsn1 02-16-2010 08:53 PM

had the hero when it first came out and played with the moment after i dumped the hero and like the moment better and i dont use hardware kb. i just got a moment last mnth to play with but gave it to my girl but still like it better.

skipdogg 02-16-2010 08:55 PM

Sweet guys, thanks for the heads up I am heading to the sprint store now. I am going to get the moment when I return I will be apart of the android family.

Well as luck would have it they were out of the moment, but will be getting in a new shipment tomorrow. So now I must wait..... :(

vesty16277 02-16-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1570429)
had the hero when it first came out and played with the moment after i dumped the hero and like the moment better and i dont use hardware kb. i just got a moment last mnth to play with but gave it to my girl but still like it better.

go pens

elephant007 02-16-2010 11:23 PM

If you like the Sense UI, you can get Open Home, there's a HTC Hero them for it
I gave my daughter the HTC Hero and I got myself the Samsung Moment. Her Hero is cool because it has things natively that the Moment doesn't, like Sense UI, Footprints, Facebook and Twitter apps...

I don't do social engineering, I mean networking, so I don't miss nor have a need for those apps. I bet I could find similar in the Market. I picked the Moment because of the hardware keyboard, had the TP and TP2 before that and once you go qwerty keyboard you'll never go back.... I think I've said that a couple of times here.

Not to mention the AMOLED, it's sharp and crisp... the OS is very snappy and responsive... the camera has a flash too!

skipdogg 02-16-2010 11:34 PM

All of things are really making me excited about the moment. How is the battery-life. In real world situations, also how is the video playback...i know on my touch-pro the youtube player was pretty crisp. some even hd-like quality. Just trying to get some ideas of what I can look forward to. Also what are some "MUST HAVE" apps.

ddark4eva 02-17-2010 10:24 AM

Currently have the Hero, Ups bringing my moment today so ill decide between the 2 within the next day or so