PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to android. need minor help, thanks

Hello, everybody. Just picked this thing up, tried 3 different podcatchers from the market and didn't like any of them, can someone suggest a good one please.
Also, if there is a good third party browser, and how do android updates work, just incase sprint provides one for this phone. Any help would be appreciated or a link to that info, did a search but, it was of no help.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I think Google Listen might be a good choice. As for browsers, there are Opera and Dolphin, that I know of, although the stock Android browser is pretty good. In the updates area, follow this: Setting>About Phone>System Updates. Next update is possibly to OS 2.1, which will be in-store only for the first few weeks

Last edited by outerpip; 02-16-2010 at 02:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: New to android. need minor help, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I think Google Listen might be a good choice. As for browsers, there are Opera and Dolphin, that I know of, although the stock Android browser is pretty good. In the updates area, follow this: Setting>About Phone>System Updates. Next update is possibly to OS 2.1, which will be in-store only for the first few weeks
I didn't even see Opera in the Market, will look again when its done charging.
And to reiterate and make sure I understand correctly, I have to go into a Sprint store to update when they make it available? If so, how will I know when its available?
Sorry for the noob questions.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

You wont know unless you ask......at first they do instore in case there are any issues implementing to the masses. Once they are confident they can roll it out over the air you should be able to download it with the self service tool located in your apps menu or in the settings menu.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks much
Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

If you hang out here I'm sure someone will announce the official releases.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just noticed noticed talk about 2.1 update in another thread. Hopefully this helps with data issues and android's way of dealing with background battery killing processes and they way tasks are hamdled. Its killing me. But, otherwise liking the phone, still like my tp2 a little more though, just got bored with winmo.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Get advanced task killer ive been tweaking it out to auto kill and ignore certain apps. Right now it kills every 30 mins. Ignores messaging, pandora, and itself.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Took my phone in today because it was stuck on first boot screen and wouldnt boot up and was having charging issues. They reloaded the software onto it and when it was handed back to me, advanced task manager had already been placed on there. Still like task management on the tp2 and palm pre better though. Every os has something that I like a lot and something that annoys me, can one of these giant companies get it right with all money they have, lol. I would have kept the palm pre if that keyboard was useable, actually that web os was the best I have used.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

vabronxboogie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277

Get advanced task killer ive been tweaking it out to auto kill and ignore certain apps. Right now it kills every 30 mins. Ignores messaging, pandora, and itself.
How do I tweak my atk to auto kill every 30 min so I won't have to keep seein programs I kill pop up again.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment