PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   New to android. need minor help, thanks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110949)

insomniac 02-16-2010 02:34 AM

New to android. need minor help, thanks

Hello, everybody. Just picked this thing up, tried 3 different podcatchers from the market and didn't like any of them, can someone suggest a good one please.
Also, if there is a good third party browser, and how do android updates work, just incase sprint provides one for this phone. Any help would be appreciated or a link to that info, did a search but, it was of no help.

outerpip 02-16-2010 02:56 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I think Google Listen might be a good choice. As for browsers, there are Opera and Dolphin, that I know of, although the stock Android browser is pretty good. In the updates area, follow this: Setting>About Phone>System Updates. Next update is possibly to OS 2.1, which will be in-store only for the first few weeks

insomniac 02-16-2010 04:02 AM

Re: New to android. need minor help, thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by outerpip (Post 1568533)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I think Google Listen might be a good choice. As for browsers, there are Opera and Dolphin, that I know of, although the stock Android browser is pretty good. In the updates area, follow this: Setting>About Phone>System Updates. Next update is possibly to OS 2.1, which will be in-store only for the first few weeks

I didn't even see Opera in the Market, will look again when its done charging.
And to reiterate and make sure I understand correctly, I have to go into a Sprint store to update when they make it available? If so, how will I know when its available?
Sorry for the noob questions.

vesty16277 02-16-2010 11:03 AM

You wont know unless you ask......at first they do instore in case there are any issues implementing to the masses. Once they are confident they can roll it out over the air you should be able to download it with the self service tool located in your apps menu or in the settings menu.

insomniac 02-17-2010 06:52 AM

Thanks much

vesty16277 02-17-2010 08:24 PM

If you hang out here I'm sure someone will announce the official releases.

insomniac 02-18-2010 12:49 AM

I just noticed noticed talk about 2.1 update in another thread. Hopefully this helps with data issues and android's way of dealing with background battery killing processes and they way tasks are hamdled. Its killing me. But, otherwise liking the phone, still like my tp2 a little more though, just got bored with winmo.

vesty16277 02-18-2010 11:36 AM

Get advanced task killer ive been tweaking it out to auto kill and ignore certain apps. Right now it kills every 30 mins. Ignores messaging, pandora, and itself.

insomniac 02-21-2010 07:35 AM

Took my phone in today because it was stuck on first boot screen and wouldnt boot up and was having charging issues. They reloaded the software onto it and when it was handed back to me, advanced task manager had already been placed on there. Still like task management on the tp2 and palm pre better though. Every os has something that I like a lot and something that annoys me, can one of these giant companies get it right with all money they have, lol. I would have kept the palm pre if that keyboard was useable, actually that web os was the best I have used.

vabronxboogie 02-21-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesty16277

Get advanced task killer ive been tweaking it out to auto kill and ignore certain apps. Right now it kills every 30 mins. Ignores messaging, pandora, and itself.

How do I tweak my atk to auto kill every 30 min so I won't have to keep seein programs I kill pop up again.