PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.1 on February 22nd!

From Android Central:

File this under "unofficial" for now, but we're getting word on dates for Sprint to update the Samsung Moment, which at current is still running Android 1.5. And even better is that the update reportedly may be Android 2.1, and not merely 2.0 as Sprint told us earlier.
The first wave is said to begin Feb. 22, and you'll have to visit a Sprint store to actually get the upgrade. A pain, yeah. But it also keeps you close to home should anything untoward happen.
The second upgrade wave is said to be on March 8, and that one will be pushed out over-the-air. Thanks, anon.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: 2.1 on February 22nd!

I would say this is about 40% likely to happen.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Ya at least in my area. They still havent rolled out the c14 update yet. I had to do it myself. Ive had issues with my repair center. I wont go back.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 02-14-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Well, I had this nice long message typed out, and IE was like, "No page for you!" Yes, IE...don't ask. Anywho, I don't understand why Android Central would put in an article that we're going straight to 2.1 instead of 2.0, being that Sprint released that quite a while back. Makes me very suspicious. And, with the CL14 update just recently, and alot of users probably don't have it, why would you even put if out if you're just going to flash the OS a month later? Sprint announcement said first half of 2010, which usually means about September-ish. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, as much as I want it to be true. Now that I read it, Sprint did say 2.0...ugh, but we all knew for a long time it was gonna be 2.1. You know what? Sprint, just get your crap together and come out with 2.0 back in October like you should have in the beginning instead of concentrating on the amazing, I-Phone killing Instinct.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:52 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
...with the CL14 update just recently, and alot of users probably don't have it, why would you even put if out if you're just going to flash the OS a month later?
Guess you haven't been a Sprint customer long enough to know any different. Your statement is what's referred to "logical thinking"

The reality of it is, customers would rather have an update now and another update in a few months than wait a few months for one update.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

outerpip is a n00b

That logical thinking is what gets my hopes up that we'll actually get 2.1 in a decent amount of time. Gotta knock that off.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
That logical thinking is what gets my hopes up that we'll actually get 2.1 in a decent amount of time. Gotta knock that off.
My good friend is a regional manager over here, and she keeps telling me everything she hears says Q1. She's an avid Moment user, so she keeps me up on the news. So maybe there's a glint of hope
Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
My good friend is a regional manager over here,
Ahhhh I have one of those in my back pocket too......
Old 02-16-2010, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

outerpip is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Another thing I forgot to mention....if you have CL14, they added a "Update Android" selection in the System Updates setting, which makes it look like they're getting ready for 2.1, which catches my interest.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

outerpip is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Just read a long thread on Sprint community where several Sprint employees deny 2.1 coming as early as the 22nd. Cant post the thread cause it wont copy the link for me. Guess we'll just have to cross fingers. At least we're not like Droid users and have our manufacturer announce the 2.1 update is coming a few days later, then take it back the next day and remove all evidence. Totally off topic, but Adobe confirmed Flash 10.1 support in Android 2.1, and that Apple products will probably never get it. (Kek)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment