PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   stupid in-call mute button!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109980)

SAShady 02-08-2010 09:40 PM

stupid in-call mute button!!

inevitably during every call, even with the phone smashed against my face, the mute button turns on. Then i'll be jabbering like a banshee, whilst the other party is asking "hello?" repeatedly. Are there any dialer skins? or some way to disable this?

tyshawn 02-09-2010 01:16 AM

Re: stupid in-call mute button!!

please let there b someone out there who can reply to sashady bcz i suffer from the same mute problem and it drives me nuts.. besides that i love this damn phone!!

mrm0er 02-09-2010 02:22 AM

i second that motion

blazinazn 02-09-2010 11:57 AM

So your screen doesn't turn off when you have the phone to your face?

Whenever the sensor on the on front (top) of the phone is covered my screen turns off. Yours doesn't do that? :scratch:

I have Auto Brightness under Settings > Sounds & Display turned on. If yours is off then you may want to turn it on and see if that works.

SAShady 02-09-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 1552714)
So your screen doesn't turn off when you have the phone to your face?

Whenever the sensor on the on front (top) of the phone is covered my screen turns off. Yours doesn't do that? :scratch:

I have Auto Brightness under Settings > Sounds & Display turned on. If yours is off then you may want to turn it on and see if that works.

no i can see it turning off, but then i guess it decides to turn back on while im talking

blazinazn 02-09-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAShady (Post 1552772)
no i can see it turning off, but then i guess it decides to turn back on while im talking

Hmm...light must be getting to the sensor or something. That's the only thing I can think of..but you aren't the only one seeing this issue though so that's probably not it..

SAShady 02-09-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 1552796)
Hmm...light must be getting to the sensor or something. That's the only thing I can think of..but you aren't the only one seeing this issue though so that's probably not it..

yeah my friend has the same issue. i think the sensor is so close to the edge that any shift of the phone will cause it to see light. Maybe they can make a fix for the sensitivity

rainfreak 02-09-2010 04:36 PM

Maybe the light is going in one ear and out the other, turning the screen on again ;)

Seriously, I have had my screen come on twice while on the phone and I noticed that both times I had moved my handset a little while talking. It is a little touchy at times, but overall not too bad.

SAShady 02-09-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1553385)
Maybe the light is going in one ear and out the other, turning the screen on again ;)

Seriously, I have had my screen come on twice while on the phone and I noticed that both times I had moved my handset a little while talking. It is a little touchy at times, but overall not too bad.

yeah, it's not every call. Mainly in direct light situations. None the less, a choice of skins or moving it to a menu would be nice

jvilleboy 02-09-2010 06:57 PM

I have the same exact problem, people be like hello hello and then I noticed that the mute button has been activated.