PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
question on rooting a moment...

I am considering getting a moment just to get one, my questions is if I root it can I put android 2.1 with sense ui on it? (basically I want a nexus one OS with a Hero UI) but I'm not sure is 2.1 has even been ported to CDMA, other than the future-coming nexus one on vzw I can't think of a cdma phone that even runs 2.1 stock. I want to be running android 2.1 customized with sense UI if I do get a moment, any info would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

joeykrim is keeping up the good workjoeykrim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: question on rooting a moment...

this is the best i've seen. the porting effort for 2.0.1 to the samsung moment.
i know samsung doesnt have a CDMA phone with android 2.0+ on it as of right now.

for more info on the htc phones, check xda.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

well ppcg is more helpful with cdma devices and xda generally with gsm, also ppcg seems to have sprint phones pretty well covered, and i don't like how the xda forums are set up, but I'll search there as well.

I just wish they would hurry up and port 2.1 to more devices. Maybe I'll just get a hero since I like htc more anyways. (i do like the kb tho, and the faster processor)
Old 02-08-2010, 03:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

joeykrim is keeping up the good workjoeykrim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
well ppcg is more helpful with cdma devices and xda generally with gsm, also ppcg seems to have sprint phones pretty well covered, and i don't like how the xda forums are set up, but I'll search there as well.

I just wish they would hurry up and port 2.1 to more devices. Maybe I'll just get a hero since I like htc more anyways. (i do like the kb tho, and the faster processor)
both the hero and the moment are suppose to get an official 2.1 sometime in 1H2010, basically between now and june, a very wide timeframe. prob be better phones out or close to being out by then.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeykrim View Post
both the hero and the moment are suppose to get an official 2.1 sometime in 1H2010, basically between now and june, a very wide timeframe. prob be better phones out or close to being out by then.
yeah that's true Ill just wait and see if something way better comes out with a tegra or snapdragon so that I can get some real nice android goin on

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment