PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok so i got my moment

how do i windows to see it so i can use PC studio ? and whats the simplest way to ROOT my phone please
Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work
Re: Ok so i got my moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
how do i windows to see it so i can use PC studio ? and whats the simplest way to ROOT my phone please
Lots of info on the sdx-developers.com website
Old 02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

You may have to install drivers for it, depending on the version of Windows you have. I have Windows 7 Pro and did not, but I have read where other users with Vista and XP had differennt results.

As for rooting, I am not sure. I have read a lot about it, but when I tried to follow the directions from sdx-developers.com on it, it failed for me (typed 'su' and got an error back). If you figure it out, how about sharing with me?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Did you put the custom Kernel on your phone rain? Are you on the CL14 update? Official or other version of the update?

@Sporkman, I could not get Odin to work, flash my phone for anything with any of my Win7 computers (all Ultimate)....I found an old XP tower somewhere in the garage I think, hooked it up and I was flashing within a few minutes of the computer booting up and starting.

I don't have my Moment anymore, but I flashed back and fourth, and did all this stuff quite a few times so I think I can help you rain, with whatever the issue is.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Just a NooB
Threadstarter

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im running windows 7 home i have read some of the guide's
Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community

Did you try and manually install the drivers from the PCStudio folder, I think it is folder 3 in the drivers folder?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Just a NooB
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Did you try and manually install the drivers from the PCStudio folder, I think it is folder 3 in the drivers folder?
yep but i get a code 10 and the phone is still not seen
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 AM

Yea, I couldn't crack it with Windows 7, it was WAY to much of a PITA. When I could get it to install the drivers, something else would conflict and it would just suck....I am not an XP fan, but it works flawlessly with it.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Did you put the custom Kernel on your phone rain? Are you on the CL14 update? Official or other version of the update?

I don't have my Moment anymore, but I flashed back and fourth, and did all this stuff quite a few times so I think I can help you rain, with whatever the issue is.
Mine is running nothing but stock. My local Sprint store is trying to tell me 2+ hours on my phone and I just don't have the time. I want to install the CL14 update, or ze09, but I loaded Better Terminal Emulator and when I opened it and typed 'su' I got an error. ADHD kicked in and I said screw it and moved on to something else.

Help would be much appreciated...
Old 02-04-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Mine is running nothing but stock. My local Sprint store is trying to tell me 2+ hours on my phone and I just don't have the time. I want to install the CL14 update, or ze09, but I loaded Better Terminal Emulator and when I opened it and typed 'su' I got an error. ADHD kicked in and I said screw it and moved on to something else.

Help would be much appreciated...
I am going to bed right now, but tomorrow afternoon I will help you and we shall achieve this....You won't get SuperUser permissions until you get the custom Kernel on your phone. No worries, tomorrow night you'll be removing Sprint apps and saying FTW like it's no ones business

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment