PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ayryyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Startup Auditor

Hello all! Being a former WinMo user, I have the habit of worrying about programs running in the background and what not. I use Advanced TasKiller to get rid of the programs in the background. I am planning to use Startup Auditor to disable a lot of programs from starting up, but I am confused as to which ones I can disable. Can anyone tell me what programs are necessary to run android? For example, com.samsung.brightness - what does this do and is it necessary for Android to run?

The reason I ask is because my phone will be extremely laggy until all the programs are loaded. Also, my I want to be able to maximize battery life.

Is there also a Reclaim Ram type program to free up the Ram?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Startup Auditor

Startup Auditor will only allow you to change apps that have been installed, not apps that come with the phone (i.e. Voice Control, etc). Because of this, I installed it, tried it, and then uninstalled it.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

joeykrim is keeping up the good workjoeykrim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Startup Auditor

i too came from winmo to this phone and had the same issues when i first started using it. the battery life is terrible on mine cuz im running the updated cl14 system/modem with use wireless networks on and latitude which kill it cuz of a bug.

i looked into getting startup auditor but wasn't sure it was the best route. the best solution, to work for me, is removing the stock apps which i will never use. although i back them up to my sdcard and can install them whenever needed, this at least prevents them from auto loading and auto reloading which frees up resources on my android.

the process requires the phone to be rooted, a custom kernel was the easiest way for me and there is a guide which worked great for me here.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment