PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Missed Calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107974)

rainfreak 01-25-2010 05:25 PM

Missed Calls

Has anyone else noticed more than the usual missed calls with their Moment? I am using it in the same places that I always have but I am getting reports from people that when calling my cell, they get my voicemail immediately. A few of them have even said that it happens more than once at a time (call and get voicemail and then immediatley call back to get voicemail again). I never had this issue before moving to the Moment and I am wondering if I am alone on this and should take it back to get a replacement.

As an example, I have an Airave at home and still get missed calls, which is basically impossible to understand. Another example is that my wife tried calling me on my cell while I was at work today and got my voicemail three times in a row. Then, after a few minutes, the missed calls show up in my call log. At work I have full signal and have never missed a call before (worked here over two years) on any of my other phones, including Vogues, Titans, BlackBerrys, Diamonds, Touch Pros, and Touch Pro 2s. Should I be heading back to Sprint for a replacement or is this a known issue?

Carla 01-26-2010 02:12 AM

Re: Missed Calls

I don't ever miss calls, sometimes I wish I would LOL...Seriously though, I haven't experienced this....User error? j/k!! I say take it in.

rainfreak 01-26-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1517002)
I don't ever miss calls, sometimes I wish I would LOL...Seriously though, I haven't experienced this....User error? j/k!! I say take it in.

Thanks for your reply Carla! 36 views and just your reply, wow.

Anyway, I figured it out and the problem is solved. At some point, inadvertantly I am certain, I had checked the box to send all calls from my wife to voicemail. The same goes for my friend who was trying to call me, too.

So yeah, it was a form of user error, though sending all my wife's calls to voicemail isn't the worst thing that could happen ;)

Carla 01-26-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1517624)
Thanks for your reply Carla! 36 views and just your reply, wow.

Anyway, I figured it out and the problem is solved. At some point, inadvertantly I am certain, I had checked the box to send all calls from my wife to voicemail. The same goes for my friend who was trying to call me, too.

So yeah, it was a form of user error, though sending all my wife's calls to voicemail isn't the worst thing that could happen ;)

You know if I saw it I would reply :)

I am sureeeee it was "accidental" LOL!!! Right Right Right

jvilleboy 01-27-2010 01:14 AM

Hey man, you are not by yourself on this one. I have also noticed that too. The voicemail notification alert would display and I would be like I didnt hear my phone go off and I am in an area with service. So it has occurred only a couple times but still not a good look.

goochiekisses 02-01-2010 11:30 PM

Ive noticed a per contact option on the phone that sends the calls straight to voice mail with no missed call notification. I was having the same problem and came across this setting, under contacts, go to the person you missed the call from, press menu, edit contact, and at the very bottom, there is an option to send the person to voice mail.
hope this helps.