PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Just got one!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
That's true but come on, look at this android community on here. No one on this forum knows anything about android. Send them to a site that been up so they can learn and bring it back. This site is geared towards WinMo not android. Why keep a member at a forum where he has to wait days for his question to be answered? Why hold back knowledge? If you know a site that can help someone why keep it to yourself and not share it.
My recommendation was not to hide the other sites from them and lock them in here but rather bring our knowledge from the other sites back here, as the members who have been around PPCG longer. Sure, I check the other sites as well, but when I find something I file it away for later. If a person asks a question, I answer it. I might have to go to another site for the information, but I still answer their question here.

Am I member at androidcommunity.com? Yep. Am I member at sdx-developers.com? Sure. And the same could go for many other Android sites. But when someone here asks a question I don't tell them that PPCG is not good for Android information and send them away.

My point is simple: if we keep sending everyone away, the level of Android support here will never be what we want or need. PPCG is open to expansion, as they have clearly shown. So all I am saying to do is support the site that has supported us for so long and build up the Android knowledge here.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
My recommendation was not to hide the other sites from them and lock them in here but rather bring our knowledge from the other sites back here, as the members who have been around PPCG longer. Sure, I check the other sites as well, but when I find something I file it away for later. If a person asks a question, I answer it. I might have to go to another site for the information, but I still answer their question here.

Am I member at androidcommunity.com? Yep. Am I member at sdx-developers.com? Sure. And the same could go for many other Android sites. But when someone here asks a question I don't tell them that PPCG is not good for Android information and send them away.

My point is simple: if we keep sending everyone away, the level of Android support here will never be what we want or need. PPCG is open to expansion, as they have clearly shown. So all I am saying to do is support the site that has supported us for so long and build up the Android knowledge here.
OK, maybe I should not have wrote my answer to his question that way and that was my fault. I am a member at almost every site I can think of. I guess I was really just saying that since PPCGeeks is just starting to have a android forum, you will not find much info here but you will on sites that really cater to android and thus the reason why I gave those sites.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moment!
Threadstarter

Osz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Osz

Sorry I haven't replied to my own post in a while, but yeah I do agree that this site is lacking in Android info. But I will also say that since I got it. I find myself not needing to look up as much about the phone as I did with my Touch Pro. dont really find a need to root it since I can download everything I wanted before on the market. FYI awesome! The only searches I tend to do are on top games and fun apps since there is such a wide variety! Anyways. Thanks for the comments. Here are a few things that I love.

Robo Defence: awesomely addictive game! Even paid for the full version!

Cestos: Fun game against other players

Explorer: Just like Windows Explorer

Funny Jokes: Great App for several categories.

Moment flash: Flashlight that uses LED

Nesoid Lite: NES emulator

Ringdroid: Great for cutting sound files

Shop Savvy: Barcode scanner

Shazam: Recognizes Songs

Sound Gernade: Great for annoying people. High pitch sound

Slacker: App like Pandora, seems to work better.

Steamy window: Just fun to show off the phone.

Text From Last Night: Great website. And now get updates on my phone!

Strobe Light: Is what it sounds like. Fun at concerts to embarrass your girlfriend. lol
Old 02-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

The forum will get larger just need to support it. Im learning more and more everyday on this stuff. Wish I could get the emulator working to attempt to write some stuff though! Then maybe could really help out.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moment!
Threadstarter

Osz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Osz

Also just found a awesome app called i Music. Its like limewire for your phone. Searches websites with free music and download them straight to your phone! It does fail often but it works often too! Totally worth it!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Yes i Music is pretty cool........but sometimes it finds nothing but garbage. I also found that its a 50/50 shot to actually connect to certain songs.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Talking Re: Just got one!!!!!!

if u want free music dl i go to cellsea.com in my browser. then ringtones. the bigger the file the more likely it is to b the full song.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

Crazyheaven is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
That's true but come on, look at this android community on here. No one on this forum knows anything about android. Send them to a site that been up so they can learn and bring it back. This site is geared towards WinMo not android. Why keep a member at a forum where he has to wait days for his question to be answered? Why hold back knowledge? If you know a site that can help someone why keep it to yourself and not share it.
This site helped me a lot during my WiMo days. I've recently order a Samsung moment. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. But back on point.

It saddens me that I read almost everything to do with the Moment on this site in less than a hour. There really isn't a lot here. This can easily be fixed by going to other places and sharing the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
That's usually what I do. I also like to quote my source if I can remember it. Even if it is just another forum.

I love this site. It's very easy to navigate and doesn't have a lot of spam. Noobs are always welcome.

Last edited by Crazyheaven; 03-02-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyheaven View Post
This site helped me a lot during my WiMo days. I've recently order a Samsung moment. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. But back on point.

It saddens me that I read almost everything to do with the Moment on this site in less than a hour. There really isn't a lot here. This can easily be fixed by going to other places and sharing the info.
I think that we are adding more every day and within a few months I am confident that our overall Android following, and also our specific Moment users, will grow. And with that growth, so will the amount of knowledge here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyheaven View Post
That's usually what I do. I also like to quote my source if I can remember it. Even if it is just another forum.

I love this site. It's very easy to navigate and doesn't have a lot of spam. Noobs are always welcome.
Thank you! And yes, I normally post the link too, especially if the question/comment needs to be flushed out more.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment