PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moment and Outlook Question

u will appreciate your google account more when you see how much better and faster gmail contacts is in comparison to outlook. being able to merge contacts and everything is quicker and more efficient. i didnt want to import my contacts at first but i did anyways.

oh and i had a tp now a moment and will NEVER switch back
Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
You sir, are REALLY an idiot. That in no way syncs WITH Outlook, it just syncs your Outlook, with GMAIL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelmet View Post
...which syncs with your Google Android Phone. LOL - you sound like a little chuckle head who did not get his share of ice cream! Suggestion: do some research before posting nonsensical responses.

In your retarded mind my Samsung Moment mystically reaches into my desktop and retrieves all Outlook contacts and calendar info. Of course gsyncit is not a 1-1 process but who cares if the data has to round trip via a Gmail account - it works and now my stuff is stored in 3 places! If you want a seamless connection go buy a WINMO phone and stop crying because you can no longer plug into your computer and watch Activesync chug along.

Oops, I just read your first post where you built your own Exchange Server hoping it works to sell accounts! Got it working yet? LMAO. Could have used my solution and saved yourself a couple bucks and a whole lot of grief. But hey since your attitude implies a marriage with MS and/or trying to make a quick buck from some sap dumb enough to trust you with their contact info I guess you will stick with slapsticking stuff together.

Let me know when you get your little Exchange box working :P Probably about the same time I get my Mars rover done!
You both need to chill out and stop taking everything so personal. Otherwise the staff will close this thread and the OP will be the one who loses out.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow, as much as I got a laugh from the bickering between the two of you is, rainfreak is right, please don't get this thread closed as I would really like to find an easy and seamless solution.

gsyncit looks interesting and I am considering it but I am sure someone somewhere has a way or a syncing program to sync directly with outlook. gmail has just been very weird trying to get all my contacts right. There all there but it just isn't right.

Thanks for all the help and all the laughs. The OP
Old 01-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG MOMENT
Carrier: SPRINT

darkhelmet is just getting started

No problem and that makes two of us cuz I am still laughing!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Resurrecting an old post.

Any new news on syncing with outlook. My wife really hates google contacts and calendar. In addition, she's getting a little paranoid about big brother seeing everything she's doing. It stinks that HTC came out with an app to do this but no one else has been able to do it without using google as a cloud in between.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Resurrecting an old post.

Any new news on syncing with outlook. My wife really hates google contacts and calendar. In addition, she's getting a little paranoid about big brother seeing everything she's doing. It stinks that HTC came out with an app to do this but no one else has been able to do it without using google as a cloud in between.
Hasn't she watched Eagle Eye? Doesn't matter what she does as long as she's holding that phone!! HA HA
I'd think Microsoft has more 'big brother' tendencies than Google does, that's just me though

Here's something, still goes though Google though
http://www.companionlink.com/product...=OL&hh=ANDROID

Last edited by elephant007; 04-03-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

macevedo is just getting started

Check this out:

http://www.companionlink.com/android...droid-usb.html

There is a 14 day trial. I'll download it and test it now to see if it works for me.

Mario

Ok, I tried it out and it creates a separate database for contacts. It does not sync to the regular android contacts. I guess it does not do what you need it to do.

Last edited by macevedo; 04-03-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Include test results.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Very very frustrating! All she wants to do is sync between her phone and her computer. She does not want it stored on the Internet an she can't seem to get it all matched up anyway. I originally did the export/import thing to google but it does not work right and she wants all her stuff off of the Internet anyway.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

billyman is becoming a great contributor

I am in the exact same boat as the OP. I do not have the Moment yet, but would like to get one. However, I cannot get it until I find a solution to the lack of sync options w/ Outlook.

I have found 2 sync solutions (one was already mentioned earlier in this post-CompanionLink). The other seems to be a better solution (based on info from their website), but since I don't have the phone yet, I cannot comment on how it works in a real-world environment.

Mark/Space The Missing Sync for Android
http://www.markspace.com/products/an...uirements.html

Regarding Companion Link, their website now claims to offer Moment to Outlook USB sync.

I am curious whether anyone has actual experience with either of these programs. If so, please advise.

Thank you.

Last edited by billyman; 05-12-2010 at 10:28 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment