PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Does Sprint offer the Moment as a replacement for the Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103975)

Daikazetatsu 12-31-2009 01:29 AM

Does Sprint offer the Moment as a replacement for the Touch Pro?

I've got TEP and only a year into my contract i'm already gone through 3 TP's for the same keyboard problem. I've decided to make the jump to Android after playing with my friends MyTouch 3g and was wondering If i could get the moment instead of another tp.

HKO10 12-31-2009 05:44 AM

Re: Does Sprint offer the Moment as a replacement for the Touch Pro?

No. Sprint doesn't offer the moment. If they even offer you anything it will be either the, tour, curve, palm pro, palm pre or if you're lucky the TP2.

Talon Pro 12-31-2009 08:25 AM

No. Its not on the list of phones HTC will pay Sprint for to replace the TP.

And yes. It took 3 calls to tech support and 2 visits to the store for the manager to give in and give me the Moment. Tech support, or one of the other 5 areas I talked to on the last 48min 38sec call had to make a note that managers can override that list. I actually turned down the TP2 and told them I would accept the "down grade". Especially since I paid $400 for the TP since I got full discount but no rebate.

FWIW, I've been with Sprint for over 10 years so your experience might be different.

darkhelmet 01-01-2010 07:39 PM

The day the Moment was released I walked into a Sprint store and was given a $70 credit on my crappy Touch Pro. Not sure what I did different than anyone else but 30 minutes later I walked out of the store a whole lot happier.

Bizill 01-02-2010 05:41 AM

yup, went back and forth trying to get a touch pro 2 to replace my touch pro. kept getting turned down. then i asked them for a samsung moment and i got my wish.

dmauin717 01-03-2010 01:20 PM

a few months ago i got offered a moment and hero for my faulty touch pro. didnt want one back then now i kinda regret not taking it cause i bought a moment

mbg19 01-03-2010 11:46 PM

lol idk how people get so many faulty touch pros i been with my touch pro for 4 months and nothing is wrong?

Talon Pro 01-03-2010 11:49 PM

Had one for 6 months no prob, then it started....

mbg19 01-04-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1458807)
Had one for 6 months no prob, then it started....

Ouch it hurts to know that i actually miscalculated i had my touch pro since july 11 which is almost 6 months -_- oh well hopefully i could get a tp2 or moment out of this lol

Carla 01-05-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbg19 (Post 1458799)
lol idk how people get so many faulty touch pros i been with my touch pro for 4 months and nothing is wrong?

I have swapped my TP 3 times in the last two weeks, before I bought the Moment I put it back on my line and put the Pre on my husbands.....Well today I went and picked up magic #4 since I ordered the replacement the morning before I bought the Moment, and it could and should go back.....Where the screen and keyboard come together when the phone is closed, it is pulling apart and has some serious Oreo effect when opened....It's a shame.