PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   My letter to Sprint and Samsung corporate (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100086)

petrafan007 12-04-2009 12:29 PM

My letter to Sprint and Samsung corporate

Hi,

I am a proud Sprint customer, and I own one of the best phones you have ever released: the Samsung Moment. The phone is in theory, flawless…except for some minor software issues that could easily be fixed with an update. The problem? The phone seems to be almost all but ignored by Sprint and Samsung. Sprint is pushing the Hero and the Palm Pre. Why no love for the Samsung moment? And why has the concerns with faulty agps and problematic battery indicator issues not been resolve? And why is Samsung allowing competitors such as Motorola (e.g. Droid) and HTC (e.g. Hero) completely smoke the Moment out of the water? The Hero and Droid are ready to be upgraded to Android 2.0. The Moment is being left in the dust and was released with 1.5!

We at PPC Geeks, Android Forums, and the Samsung Moment Forums feel as if this is totally unfair. And why the lack of media coverage and advertising? We believe this is wrong and want to see this phone pushed more and supported with updates sooner rather than later.

Thank you for your consideration.

On behalf of Faithful Sprint and Samsung Moment customers and myself, Joseph Cavallaro Jr, former Sprint reseller.

P.S. I apologize if my sprint executive contacts list is not up to date, as I had a hard time tracking down current employees.

petrafan007 12-04-2009 12:30 PM

Re: My letter to Sprint and Samsung corporate

Reply from: Jerry, sprint Corporate:

Dear Joseph,
Thank you for being a Sprint customer and for your feedback. Our Marketing team would like to call you to get additional feedback from you and share some more information. What is the best number to call you at today?
Regards,
Jerry

petrafan007 12-04-2009 12:35 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The best number to reach me at is xxx-354-6515. I can be reached between 1:30 and 2:00 on my lunch break.

Thanks,

Joseph

(We'll see what happens)

glitch77-2 12-04-2009 04:32 PM

That's good news!

If you do get that call, please mention the lack of a hardware 'hard reset' as well.

Genjinaro 12-04-2009 05:00 PM

No hardware hard reset?! Yeah thats bad, God forbid the phone goes ever into a boot-loop error & you're away from a repair center.

petrafan007 12-04-2009 05:31 PM

OK so I got a call from John Carney (if I recall correctly), Senior VP of Sprint Marketing, and of course he was nice as pie but just gave me the same old corporate spiel that they know it got lack of advertising because Samsung didn't have all the materials ready and they will be pushing the phone more Q1 of 2010 and all that jazz. No information on a software update for the problem with the phones or anything concretely useful. He told me that HTC has been in the game longer than Samsung so that's why they were more prepared and that Samsung is new to the game but I told him, "Well, that's more of a reason to be prepared and more aggressive if they want to get more sales." But alas, hopefully I will get a response from someone who "practically" cares.

evilbeef54 12-04-2009 05:48 PM

since you seem to be able to get a response you should also send over the list of common issues on android forums that all could be adressed with an update