PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment > Samsung Moment Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 10:00 AM
pillaroo

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ v1.3a ] Calkulin's Moment 2.1 DD10 ROM

I love the Rom and for the most part everything works fine. It seems that I have a issue with the batt. not lasting as long as it did with the other Rom or is it just my phone because my batt last all day as before. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Just dropping in to say what's up to Calk. Dude you're missed over on the TP2 side and there's quite a furor over what to do with that thread. The links to kitchen 1.6R3 are dead. Please stop in over there and give these poor saps some closure?

the post linked below is what the thread is amounting to lol

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...06#post1712906

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I am sure that he is missed over there, because we are happy as hell that he is over here!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work

calk, is there a such thing as a kitchen for android? and will u be uploading a "kitchen"
Old 04-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moment -> Evo

crogs571 is a n00b

My battery life has been crap to the point I went through a duracell charger and the battery in about 6hrs. I'm constantly charging it. The rabbit ROM seemed to do wonders compared to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaroo View Post
I love the Rom and for the most part everything works fine. It seems that I have a issue with the batt. not lasting as long as it did with the other Rom or is it just my phone because my batt last all day as before. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
+1 on battery life

"My" moment used to last all day without needing a charge. After flashing this rom "I" had to charge it twice a day. Charged overnight, and then once in the middle of the day.

Switched back to the stock sprint rom in the first post and staying with that for now until this is "fixed"

I wonder if there are features enabled by default in this rom that consequently drain the battery faster, that we could disable or change. Like bluetooth, push email, display brightness, something that checks for something at set intervals in which we could lessen the frequency..., etc.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
My battery life has been crap to the point I went through a duracell charger and the battery in about 6hrs. I'm constantly charging it. The rabbit ROM seemed to do wonders compared to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltikus View Post
+1 on battery life

"My" moment used to last all day without needing a charge. After flashing this rom "I" had to charge it twice a day. Charged overnight, and then once in the middle of the day.

Switched back to the stock sprint rom in the first post and staying with that for now until this is "fixed"

I wonder if there are features enabled by default in this rom that consequently drain the battery faster, that we could disable or change. Like bluetooth, push email, display brightness, something that checks for something at set intervals in which we could lessen the frequency..., etc.
Sweet, I now know it's not an app I installed!!! I too am suffering from battery drainage!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raph800

jewman is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [ ROM ] [ v1.3a ] Calkulin's Moment 2.1 DD10 ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Sweet, I now know it's not an app I installed!!! I too am suffering from battery drainage!
Me as well, I flashed a few days ago, I'm not sure if its as bad as you guys. But it is quite noticeable.
To improve battery live i:
*Turn of EVDO when i don't need, or don't have a good signal.
*Turn off Auto-sync, and background data when not needing it.
*Tun GPS off.
*Use SetCPU to lower power, Especially in sleep, unless you listen to music with the screen off because it makes it nearly impossible to get your phone out of sleep, and at a certain battery percentage( i use 60% and go down to a max of 400Mhz).
*With ATK it comes with a widget that you can push to kill all the running, non ignored apps. I think it may save more battery than keeping the ATK program running all the time in the title bar.

Thats all i have off the top of my head, but hopefully it'll help someone a little bit, until Calkulin can figure out if theres something he can do?

Also, on a side note Thanks for building this up, other than the battery issue everything seems to be working very nicely. A few freezes with multitasking with music, and random crashes, but its still an overall improvement
Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I am sure that he is missed over there, because we are happy as hell that he is over here!
Yeah.. I get to experience Calk withdrawal and come here now lol

But +1 with the battery issue, went from 60->40 just by turning on google maps and checking traffic for 2 mins lol, at least the battery is MUCH better than stock.. Would die for me in hours lol
Old 04-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by savir90 View Post
calk, is there a such thing as a kitchen for android? and will u be uploading a "kitchen"
It seems to be just restoring a backup of a phone customized but i could be wrong

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment > Samsung Moment Development