PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

goldeneyej is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CAN I USE THIS UNIT AS A MODEM FOR MY LAPTOP?

IF SO, PLEASE TELL ME HOW BECAUSE I DONT SEE ANYTHING THAT SAYS MODEM.
THANKS
Old 01-20-2007, 10:57 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
here ya go view this post it gives u all the directions ya need

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/how-to-tethe...pam-t1552.html
Old 01-20-2007, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
Thanks pzztgotbagz!!!!!!!!!! Done that.
Now how do i connect the phone to the laptop? sorry 4 the question but i'm not too good at this, i'm not dome either but i'm just a little confused.

THANKS
Old 01-20-2007, 01:32 PM
X Communicated User

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
u have to download sprint connection manager from http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/d...CS_CM_v032.msi
Old 01-20-2007, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
Done that. what else i need to do now? sorry 4 any inconvenience. THANKS
Old 01-20-2007, 11:22 PM
X Communicated User

next go to start then to settings then to system then go to data connection and click on the setting that says "as the modem thru usb".
Old 01-21-2007, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
everything is set as u said and i just cant connect, when i switch to modem the phone conection with the laptop is interrupted and then both units just cant conect together for some reazon, i have firewall set to off windows firewall and my makafee firewall is set to off as well so i dont know what else to do, i gess i'm about to gave up on this i will try for a couple more days to see if i can connect. Anyway thanks for the help!!
if there is something else to it please let me known, i will be greathly appreciated!!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:39 AM
X Communicated User

did u make sure to turn the modem nai off or do u have a pam plan?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 AM
X Communicated User

also when u installed the connection manager did u make sure u installed the samsung drivers?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
WHAT IS A PAM PLAN? and yes i turned modem nai off and i did install the samsung drivers, i will try again to see what happens,i will let u known, THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W