PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

goldeneyej is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP WITH ESN ON IP-830W FROM SPRINT

Hello guys!
i purchased this ip830w in ebay and i just find out that the phone is reported stolen/lost and they not able to activate the phone, what are my options to activate this phone? Thanks in advance![/b]
Old 01-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
the phone cant be used as it is reported stolen. i would fille a paypal claim if u used payapl or get in contact with ebay. that is y you should check ESN before you purchase any sprint phone.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
exactly. sorry to say that if the ESN is bad and the seller does not rectify then you are SOL. I would go to ebay and paypal ASAP and start the process. it sucks and will take a while to get resolved but it will work out as long as you used paypal.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
most people will not give out the ESN.................some wiseguy could get that info, call Sprint and claim it's their's or try to activate it........then Sprint will flag the ESN and the owner won't be able to use it so it's not wise to give out the ESN.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:01 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
actually your NOT SOL ... courtney works for sprint and said this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985
Yeah my boss told me a way to clear it, it will take a week, but I can clear the esn for anybody if needed. Just letting you know!...

Get a sprint/nextel rep to call in to customer care, they tell them that we bought the ppc's on ebay and we wanna swap to it from your current ppc. They will investigate the previous owner, make sure you aren't the stealer, and clear out the esa after the investigation for you to use it. That's how I am going to do Mikes for him. I will let ya' know when I've gotten it done. Hopefully it will be here today, so I can start the process tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
would be interested in knowing if that's true or not...............if an ESN is tied to a fraudelent account, Sprint will never clear the ESN; just ask those who bought PPC-6700's in the past year or so from Ebay; there was a guy who bought a bunch of them from Sprint, supposedly for his business, that turned out to be fake...........so all those phones he sold got flagged and never can be used.............an ESN tied to a delinquent account could possible be changed, if the original owner settled it with Sprint.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:01 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
i dont know what the case is as i have never expirenced this.. i know you can change ESNs on 6700 and samsung and lg but not sanyo

im just going off what i read in another thread in the off topic section you should PM courtney and see what she has to say about it
Old 02-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
if the ESN is reported stolen there is no way to get the ESN cleared. if just reported lost then you have a chance
Old 02-14-2007, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

I bought a 6700 from a guy locally back in November.......he had switched carriers and told me the ESN was free to use. After I paid him cash for the phone, went to activate, the lady from Sprint said the phone was reported stolen..............so I called the guy back and he did say after he moved into his new house he couldn't find it and accused his brother of taking it, and did report it stolen...........in the meantime he forgot about it............so he went into the Sprint store and got it worked out so I could activate it.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
Problem solved!! after weeks and weeks of talks with the person i purchased the phone from he decided to send me another one, this one is good and already activated. My advise to u all is before u purchase a phone on ebay ask for the esn and check it out with sprint to avoid all this specially when u spent $600.00 in a cell phone.
Thanks and good luck to u all!!!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W