PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

goldeneyej is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA Issues, Please Help!

why every time im somewhere with no cell service when the phone is searching for service i get a message (Failure to wright CDMA) and then i cant use or receive calls and the only way to use the phone is with a soft reset or if i turn off and then on again? the problem also is that when that happens i loose battery too quick so by the time i reset the phone i got no battery, can someone please help? THANKS
Old 02-14-2007, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
you may be getting the "phone fatal" messages that many were getting who bought the phone when it first came out..........supposedly there was a batch of phones that had this problem.........those that had this issue said the device had to be replaced.........I contacted Asurion insurance about this yesterday and they are sending me a brand new IP830w this week............free....................in the meantime if you get that message, just soft reset.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
got a brand new one a few days ago and still get the phone fatal error. saw the error in safestorage. check and see if thats where yours is
Old 02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
my new one will arrive today or tomorrow.............will have to use it some before seeing that error
Old 02-16-2007, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
yes sonin66, that is where i get the message in safestorage.
Anyway after been on the phone with a sprint technician, we became to the point of the following: go to phone settings, click on the security tab, then click on phone reset. I did all that and after that the phone seems to be ok, i'm not the one using the phone every day but one of my employees is and he normally goes to the same places every day and he never had problem anymore, i hope that was the solution.
When u do that phone reset, all your data will be deleted, make shure u back up everything first on your desktop or other. Tanks and good luck to u all!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

this time around, I'm not installing anything in safestorage.............so far so good
Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

I guess I spoke too soon.............have had two phone fatal messages since last night......................wonder what causes this, something to do with safestorage
Old 02-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Retired Staff

im not to sure about why it does it either. not sure how to get rid of it, no matter if i hard reset it it still does it
Old 02-18-2007, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
no complains yet after i did the phone reset.
But why not delete safestorage folder? i'm not an expert on this ok? so this is just a sugestion.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Retired Staff

if you deleted it, it would probaby make itself again. also, some people like to install stuff on there if they dont have a storage card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W