PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung IP-830W (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How To Tether without PAM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1394)

pzztgotbagz 12-10-2006 02:28 PM

How To Tether without PAM

I think i am the first and only person to figure this out. And this is how it is done u go to phone pad and type in ##MODEM# this will bring up a menu called MODEM NAI then click OFF. And that all u need to do to tether without a pam plan u can also use connection manager if you like. No need for pdanet or usbmodem.....there ya go and yall have fun with this.

remlle 01-05-2007 09:33 PM

sprint will see this as data traffic and charge though correct? they dont consider this part of the vision services do they?

pzztgotbagz 01-05-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remlle
sprint will see this as data traffic and charge though correct? they dont consider this part of the vision services do they?

I've tethered a few times and never been charged and they see it as vision access and not data as ur turning off the modem nai......

Eclipsi01 02-06-2007 10:09 PM

Re: How To Tether without PAM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
I think i am the first and only person to figure this out. And this is how it is done u go to phone pad and type in ##MODEM# this will bring up a menu called MODEM NAI then click OFF. And that all u need to do to tether without a pam plan u can also use connection manager if you like. No need for pdanet or usbmodem.....there ya go and yall have fun with this.

Man, I told you I've been using mine as a modem for quite some time and no, it never shows up on my bill.
I've been busy at work and had no time to reply to your other thread. I had a nice one typed up for you then had some network trouble and just never got around to typing it up again.

vpatel04 04-16-2007 08:00 PM

HELP

Which software are you using for this? I downloaded connection manager from sprint site...but it 's not working..

please help..

Serggus 05-31-2007 08:03 PM

Can't Get it to work with Vista

Can't Get it to work with Vista,
THere is no Connection Manager for Vista.
Connecting the phone to laptop via Bluetooth, phone doesn't give an option for DUN.
Via cables, I need a driver that I cannot find for vista.

What else did I miss???
:shock:

nuguy 06-01-2007 09:26 AM

Boy, I wouldn't mind tethering WITH Pam, she's HOT!

(you said have fun with this...) ;)

ycats 06-01-2007 12:20 PM

......and sprays nicely onto skillets.

delson 06-17-2007 01:34 PM

thank you very much, it's working for me but every time i change to pam through usb, the speed always changes to 1x from ev, does anyone have a fix for that or a work around.

i'm also looking to get the n800, will i be able to get online thru this phone bt or usb?

zzvelik 12-26-2007 08:51 PM

I got the N800 & was wondering if anyone got it to tehter to the 6700 via bluetooth or even a mini usb to mini usb cable? Also, if you follow post #1's suggestion, does it really lower the connection speed via USB to a laptop device? Thanks