PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 12:02 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no there is not a fix for that currently last I read over at xda they were trying to get rid of that but I haven't checked it in a while
Old 12-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Big Tone

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I had to remove the program from my phone. I noticed that the number lock appears to be on so when I try to spell out a name it dials numbers for the charachters that share numbers/letters. I also had to reset my phone a few times when this was installed. I also had the Today Search app installed. Removing both has my phone functioning normally again.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
same issue here. it dials numbers instead of the letters. but its cool otherwise. Ill keep checking to see if theres a fix.
whats is XDA??
Another issue Ive seen now is that when I hit the left green phone button It doesn't open dial pad I get a cprog is not valid or something like that.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

ercave1 is a n00b
Re: Treo Today Dialer -Another Input Panel method

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
I have installed this onto my 830 now i can open the keyboard and dial directly from the screen can also look up contacts with it thanks to ercave1 over at xda-developers for this. I will post some screen caps if i get a chance.
Since updating to Cingular's 2.06 ROM which includes PTT. I have added the PTT service to my line. I could no longer use Sleuth's PPTFix to map the button to the Input Panel. I did not want to change any other button mappings except the Comm Manager button (mapped to Voice Command) since the Comm Manager was already accessible from the Tray.

I found another way to open the input panel using two tools from developers Vijay's Sipswitch (www.Vijay555.com) and Philippe Majerus's Phm Tray Launch (www.phm.lu). Vijay's app allows you to launch the Input Panel with command line parameters to open and switch to the desire SIP panel. So, the trick was to create a shortcut to launch Sipswitch.exe with the Keyboard parameter. Next using PHM Tray Launch I mapped the shortcut created earlier, and enabled PHM Tray Launch. Now I had the icon I needed in the tray to launch the input panel for use with the Dial Lookup and Search plugins from the Treo.

I'm attaching screenshots and a CAB that does all of the work described for you... all you must do to for this to work is Enable PHM Tray Launch (located in Start>Programs

Thanks to Vijay and Philippe for these tools!

Attached Files
File Type: zip traykb_904.zip (8.6 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W