PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Proud New Guinea Pig

welp went to the sprint store today and traded in my wx and paid $50 and got this one ill let everyone know how i like it in a few days.......sorry courtney i had to be first hehe
Old 11-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
man ur always swapping out phones haha maybe I should try it. plus do feel us in on it. maybe u can feel me in on ur secrets to getting them to trade
~mike

Old 11-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Please do share. I had to talk to retentions the last time to do a swap. The stores in Vegas are horrible at working with you to replace a defective device, if they don't have it they say they will call you. But they never do call back. Hope the new Sprint store opening soon in town is better.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
Yeah the stores in Vegas are horrible. Tried to exchange my bad IP-830W for another one, but NONE of the stores in Vegas or their warehouse have this thing in stock.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:16 AM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
Yeah the stores in Vegas are horrible. Tried to exchange my bad IP-830W for another one, but NONE of the stores in Vegas or their warehouse have this thing in stock.
i was lucky i got one the phone has been recalled as to the fact that sprint had a large corprate customer place an order so they have had all of there stores send them back.......lucky for me i got a cool manager who had a few hidden that he didnt send back......also what was defective on ur ip830w????
Old 11-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok, I've heard it has been recalled as well. So why exactly was it recalled? Good thing I got Sprint to send me a return kit. I don't want a defective $750 phone.

Anyway, mine is having trouble with bluetooth headsets. It worked well at first, but then it just suddenly started disconnecting and getting lots of static with my headsets, even at a very close range and in line of site.

Tried 5 different brands of headsets and hard resetted a couple of times (alway started fresh / did not restore backups) and the problem(s) would not go away.

Then there's the slider which would rattle if I walked around or moved while I was on a call. The rattling would interrupt and distort whoever I was talking to. Had to use a headset to get around this, but that soon stopped working too (bluetooth problem mentioned above). I hate using wired headsets so this thing has to go back.

I'm going to get another Treo 700WX in the mean time and hopefully, they get whatever problem(s) the IP-830W has, fixed within 30 days so I can return the 700WX and get another 830W.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:24 PM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

well it wasn't really what you would call recalled sprint had a major corporate customer place an order for more phones then the warehouse had in stock. so they made the stores send them back to cover the order
Old 11-19-2006, 07:27 PM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

on a side note verizon is doing a special right now you get a moto h500 a car charger and a leather case for 69.99
Old 11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
well it wasn't really what you would call recalled sprint had a major corporate customer place an order for more phones then the warehouse had in stock. so they made the stores send them back to cover the order
Have any info. on what company ordered so many IP-830Ws?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

nope it was the store manager who told me about it they were supposed to send them back the day i got mine special ups delivery but he has 1 left that they missed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W