PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung IP-830W (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Just got mine! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1152)

Big Tone 11-19-2006 02:06 AM

Just got mine!

I just made the switch from Palm OS (700p) to the IP-830w and WM5. So far I am very impressed. The only issue I've encountered is searching for software. I need an application that will turn the radio on automatically every day and another that does voice caller ID (like Call Filter for Palm OS). Can anyone let me know where I can find them? I saw Phone Alarm, but the only feature I am interested in that it provides is the On/Off timer. I'd rather not pay $20 for that and not use the rest. Any tips from other WM or 830w users are also welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

lido 11-19-2006 11:51 AM

hey bigtone, good to see you here!

glad you finally got your 830!

Personally, I love phonealarm; it's got the call filter capability and I love the profile settings!

I'm still new at this, so I don't have to many tricks for you yet; I just wanted to say hey!

p.s. check your pm

Wideawake 11-19-2006 12:23 PM

voice caller id try ms voice command ;)

Big Tone 11-19-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideawake
voice caller id try ms voice command ;)

MS Voice Command does that? Cool. I'll have to give it a shot. Also, what is the maximum memory for SD cards that the 830w supports?

Big Tone 11-23-2006 02:17 AM

OK, so I installed ActiveSync 4.2 on my laptop at home and initially had problems connecting, but figured it out using the information I found here. I then installed it at work and, again, had similar issues with my desktop, but eventually got that figured out. Well, I just got a Dell Latitude D610 :x to replace my desktop at work and have not been able to connect. I tried addind an exception for all the ports, changed Windows Firewall settings and still cannot get it working. I tried removing and reinstalling ActiveSync and updated to the 4.5 beta; nothing worked.

I've searched for other fixes, but haven't come up with anything. Can you guys help me out? There is an Microsoft Exchange Server at work that I tried connecting to, but couldn't. I was, however, able to connect to Outlook with the old desktop. That's all I really want to do so I can make sure my appointments and contacts are updated regularly. If there is another sync app that works in place of ActiveSyc I'll gladly use that if someone can refer me to it.

Any help with fixes or alternative software is welcome. I'm going to Minneapolis Monday morning and would really like to have this fixed before then. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I am REALLY enjoying this phone. WM is sooo much better than POS. My wife's Treo 650 just crapped out on her and a 700wx is being sent as a replacement! 8)

goldeneyej 02-07-2007 09:07 PM

excuse me but exactly what phone alarm does (fixtures) in this device? and where can i get it? THANKS

TechMan 02-09-2007 03:56 PM

Big Tone. We have had issues with activesync 4.2 having errors. We backed it off the machines that were having issues and installed 4.1. Everything is peachy now.

Sonin66 02-09-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldeneyej
excuse me but exactly what phone alarm does (fixtures) in this device? and where can i get it? THANKS

phone alarm is just a today screen app that can be customized with skins. it can control how your phone operates(ringers, how it rings, how your phone wil alert you).

Sonin66 02-09-2007 04:52 PM

also active sync 4.2 works just fine with me! just do like techman did and roll back to 4.1