PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung IP-830W (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Proud New Guinea Pig (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1148)

pzztgotbagz 11-18-2006 07:57 PM

Proud New Guinea Pig

welp went to the sprint store today and traded in my wx and paid $50 and got this one ill let everyone know how i like it in a few days.......sorry courtney i had to be first hehe

Wideawake 11-18-2006 08:22 PM

man ur always swapping out phones haha maybe I should try it. ;) plus do feel us in on it. :) maybe u can feel me in on ur secrets to getting them to trade :D
~mike

budney 11-18-2006 08:47 PM

Please do share. I had to talk to retentions the last time to do a swap. The stores in Vegas are horrible at working with you to replace a defective device, if they don't have it they say they will call you. But they never do call back. Hope the new Sprint store opening soon in town is better.

IsLNdbOi 11-19-2006 02:50 AM

Yeah the stores in Vegas are horrible. Tried to exchange my bad IP-830W for another one, but NONE of the stores in Vegas or their warehouse have this thing in stock.

pzztgotbagz 11-19-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
Yeah the stores in Vegas are horrible. Tried to exchange my bad IP-830W for another one, but NONE of the stores in Vegas or their warehouse have this thing in stock.

i was lucky i got one the phone has been recalled as to the fact that sprint had a large corprate customer place an order so they have had all of there stores send them back.......lucky for me i got a cool manager who had a few hidden that he didnt send back......also what was defective on ur ip830w????

IsLNdbOi 11-19-2006 03:10 PM

Ok, I've heard it has been recalled as well. So why exactly was it recalled? Good thing I got Sprint to send me a return kit. I don't want a defective $750 phone.

Anyway, mine is having trouble with bluetooth headsets. It worked well at first, but then it just suddenly started disconnecting and getting lots of static with my headsets, even at a very close range and in line of site.

Tried 5 different brands of headsets and hard resetted a couple of times (alway started fresh / did not restore backups) and the problem(s) would not go away.

Then there's the slider which would rattle if I walked around or moved while I was on a call. The rattling would interrupt and distort whoever I was talking to. Had to use a headset to get around this, but that soon stopped working too (bluetooth problem mentioned above). I hate using wired headsets so this thing has to go back.

I'm going to get another Treo 700WX in the mean time and hopefully, they get whatever problem(s) the IP-830W has, fixed within 30 days so I can return the 700WX and get another 830W.

pzztgotbagz 11-19-2006 07:24 PM

well it wasn't really what you would call recalled sprint had a major corporate customer place an order for more phones then the warehouse had in stock. so they made the stores send them back to cover the order

pzztgotbagz 11-19-2006 07:27 PM

on a side note verizon is doing a special right now you get a moto h500 a car charger and a leather case for 69.99

IsLNdbOi 11-19-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
well it wasn't really what you would call recalled sprint had a major corporate customer place an order for more phones then the warehouse had in stock. so they made the stores send them back to cover the order

Have any info. on what company ordered so many IP-830Ws?

pzztgotbagz 11-19-2006 09:09 PM

nope it was the store manager who told me about it they were supposed to send them back the day i got mine special ups delivery but he has 1 left that they missed

IsLNdbOi 11-19-2006 09:15 PM

Ah ok. Called Sprint today and the rep. did mention something about a recall. Didn't say why though.

pzztgotbagz 11-19-2006 09:19 PM

well i hope its nothing major cause i really like it so far but if it does get recalled ill hold onto mine till they release the new one so that if i drop it or anything ill be in line for a new one anyways mabey if they re-release it will come with a camera and aku 3. but i dont think it was really recalled

IsLNdbOi 11-19-2006 09:32 PM

I was just saying that the rep. mentioned it was recalled. I meant to say that it's probably "recalled" for the same reason you mentioned (a company bought them all out).

pzztgotbagz 11-20-2006 11:28 AM

ive been told it now shows sold out on sprint.com yep just confirmed by looking at it online they are sold out so either it was a major recall or as i was told they was all bought up by a large corporate account....

GirlGoneGeek 11-20-2006 12:54 PM

Seriously

I would like to know myself the reason for the recall, if that's what happened. Does anyone have any idea as to why?

pzztgotbagz 11-20-2006 01:28 PM

The only thing i can think of is as i posted earlier. A large corporate customer bought all of the phones sprint had in stock

GirlGoneGeek 11-20-2006 03:31 PM

Okay I see

So that's the reason they recalled them, not a bad phone. That's good, I will still be thinking of getting me one of these then. My deposit is too high, but I will work on that.

pzztgotbagz 11-20-2006 11:08 PM

yay i finally freakin found it millions of readings later

The SPH-i830 handset is configured with Bluetooth version 1.2

Boomdadda 11-21-2006 11:36 PM

Recall

Absolutely the case peeps...large Corporate deal in line so the handsets were called in from the field! No worries with the handsets ...just a supply & demand thing.

Wideawake 11-21-2006 11:45 PM

Re: Recall

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomdadda
Absolutely the case peeps...large Corporate deal in line so the handsets were called in from the field! No worries with the handsets ...just a supply & demand thing.

thanks for letting us know. ;)

trailertaskforce 12-14-2006 02:57 PM

Re: Seriously

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985
I would like to know myself the reason for the recall, if that's what happened. Does anyone have any idea as to why?

According to Account Distribution Services in the New York Corporate office for Sprint, there was an issue with shipping these units from Samsung overseas to the "blanket coverage customers". The issue lies upon some 6,000 + units damaged at the shipping dock. NO units available till "near the end of January". There are also NO software/hardware issues. The issues were at the hand of the dock workers loading them "on the boat" to ship here (USA). There was also no "customer who bought them all up" and delayed them to the rest of us.
I hope this answers your ? Courtney.....Bobby.

Eclipsi01 12-15-2006 03:32 AM

Mine had a similar bluetooth issue when I first got it about 2 months ago, but I reloaded it with a newer version of the operating software and it fixed the bluetooth issue. The issue was static and short-range use with bluetooth headsets.
Now it works flawlessly! I love this thing, thank God it was free ;)

pzztgotbagz 12-15-2006 02:46 PM

can u link me to this new updated operating system as I have yet to see it

Eclipsi01 12-15-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
can u link me to this new updated operating system as I have yet to see it

I said new operating software.
What software is in your phone right now?
Mine is:
PDA: S:i830WM5.1.2S.ZH31.14989
Phone: S:i830.1.2S.ZH31
Bluetooth: 2.08.03
PRL: 20224

This very well may be the same software everyone has but when I first got mine 2 months ago, it was loaded with a different software version.

goldeneyej 02-03-2007 06:06 PM

I went to my local sprint store to get accessories and one of the stupid rep told me to try and sell the phone because has been discontinued, so i called sprint customer service from the store to find out because i have two 830's and they told me that there is no recall or other, the problem is a big demand for this unit, then the sprint rep on the phone asked me to speak with the rep on the store and they did spoke for at least 5 minutes and i got the impression that the guy on the store does't known what the hell his doing because after they hangup he got angry at me.
I hope there are no problems with these units because i just love them!