PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: Sprint

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ah ok. Called Sprint today and the rep. did mention something about a recall. Didn't say why though.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:19 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
well i hope its nothing major cause i really like it so far but if it does get recalled ill hold onto mine till they release the new one so that if i drop it or anything ill be in line for a new one anyways mabey if they re-release it will come with a camera and aku 3. but i dont think it was really recalled
Old 11-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
I was just saying that the rep. mentioned it was recalled. I meant to say that it's probably "recalled" for the same reason you mentioned (a company bought them all out).
Old 11-20-2006, 11:28 AM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
ive been told it now shows sold out on sprint.com yep just confirmed by looking at it online they are sold out so either it was a major recall or as i was told they was all bought up by a large corporate account....
Old 11-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Seriously

I would like to know myself the reason for the recall, if that's what happened. Does anyone have any idea as to why?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

The only thing i can think of is as i posted earlier. A large corporate customer bought all of the phones sprint had in stock
Old 11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Okay I see

So that's the reason they recalled them, not a bad phone. That's good, I will still be thinking of getting me one of these then. My deposit is too high, but I will work on that.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:08 PM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

yay i finally freakin found it millions of readings later

The SPH-i830 handset is configured with Bluetooth version 1.2
Old 11-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Boomdadda is a n00b
Recall

Absolutely the case peeps...large Corporate deal in line so the handsets were called in from the field! No worries with the handsets ...just a supply & demand thing.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdadda
Absolutely the case peeps...large Corporate deal in line so the handsets were called in from the field! No worries with the handsets ...just a supply & demand thing.
thanks for letting us know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W