PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

ShadyShifty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intrepid Disassembly

After almost a year of use, my Intrepid is starting to look pretty rough. Between the numerous scratches on the body and the dust piling up underneath the digitizer, I've decided it's time to change the housing and use a protective case from now on.

That said, does anyone know how to disassemble this thing, or can someone point me in the direction of a service manual? I removed the four screws in the back, but it seems that unless I'm just not pulling hard enough, I'm missing something crucial. I checked underneath the black stickers only to find what appeared to be antenna ports. What are those for anyways? :-/ Additionally, how does one go about removing the digitizer? Traditionally, heat and light pressure releases the adhesive in most other phones, but when I tried on the Intrepid, all I did was crack the edges where I pried.

Anyone disassembled their Intrepid that could maybe provide some insight?

TIA.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:20 AM
N00b

UPdownLoAD is a n00b
Re: Intrepid Disassembly

Without actually doing it, it looks like 4 small Philips head screws to remove a cover and then go from there.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ShadyShifty is a n00b

If only... Unless I'm doing something wrong or my phone is a special case, There's more to it than removing 4 screws. As I said before, the faceplate is still attached pretty well, even after all four screws are removed. I didn't want to pull too hard for fear of breaking something internally.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 PM
N00b

UPdownLoAD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyShifty View Post
If only... Unless I'm doing something wrong or my phone is a special case, There's more to it than removing 4 screws. As I said before, the faceplate is still attached pretty well, even after all four screws are removed. I didn't want to pull too hard for fear of breaking something internally.
There *may* be screws under the camera cover.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wont a sprint store with repair center clean it out for ?

DONATE
Old 07-25-2010, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My TyTn RIP now Touch Pro--->MIGHTY TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Spreek- Sprint/PPCGeek Merger

Del30 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah Sprint Repair center will most likely just try to Hard Reset it to see if it was just "digital" dust. those people, for the most part, are trigger happy for that hard reset.

INTEL DIVISION--ON SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT
Old 07-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ShadyShifty is a n00b

And the dust isn't the only issue. Like I said, it's got a fair amount of scratches that a new housing would fix.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Rogers

gambitz is a n00b

Perhaps there's a "clip" on one end where you have to press to bend the clip to open it up.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Lurker

splautz is a n00b

When I sent mine in to Samsung for repair of a wifi issue, it came back slightly cracked near the power jack. By the look of the screws, it appeared they opened it up, or at least tried to. lol But in the end, all they did was hard reset it and put the same firmwire on it that I had just put on before. When I sent it in a second time, they just sent me a whole new phone, minus the battery cover and sim card. So I guess perhaps it isn't very easy to replace the boards in these things, or to get in them for that matter. lol

You said you need to replace the housing? Well where do you plan on getting this housing from? I don't see them on ebay anywhere like I have seen in the past for other phones. I'm asking this because if you had the new housing in hand, couldn't you just look at that to see what is keeping it together?

The "new" phone Samsung sent me is brand-spanking new, and I didn't pay a dime for it. But then again, the old one I sent back was it pretty good shape except for that new crack they made. Unfortunately the only place it has a really slight scratch is on it is the battery cover, and they didn't send me a new one of those. lol I'm sure they just tossed it aside or threw it away. =/ But I did get a second stylus out of the deal, which they forgot to take out. So if I could find a source for a new battery cover, that would be great.

Last edited by splautz; 07-30-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ShadyShifty is a n00b

Thanks for the input. They actually do come and go on eBay. I might attempt a warranty claim, but I think mine was refurbished from the start. Sprint traded my HTC Touch Pro for this Intrepid after my Touch Pro had been replaced 3 times due to hardware failure. If phones are like most electronics regarding warranties, then my 90-day warranty ended months ago :-/
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid