PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

BurtonBoarder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WIFI internet Sharing HTC WI-FI Router/ WMWiFI

Do you have to do a registry hack in order to use WMWifirouter without a tethering plan or does it automatically do it? I have WMWifirouter installed, but I'm not sure what steps to take in order to use sprint data to tether without the added on tethering plan.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Lurker

splautz is a n00b

The registry hack is needed to get ICS working with BT/USB. WMWifirouter works fine for me, installed after I did the registry hack. So I'm unsure if it'd still work without the hack. So you best remove that one registry key value anyway.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Intrepid

Perry Gonzalez is a n00b

FYI. I previously purchased WalkingHotSpot for my Touch Pro. When I switched to my Intrepid it worked flawlessly. No lag, even watching Hulu. PLUS their customer service is outstanding. I couldn't ask for a better experience.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: to see what programs come out for my cellphone
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

3LY1986 is a n00b

Cool now how do i download it
Old 01-15-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

By hacked version of ICS, I meant the registry hack cab.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Lurker

splautz is a n00b

I have the Sprint Intrepid with WiFiRouter installed. It works great sometimes, but other times it has issues. There seems to be two problems:

1) Every now and then, the phone seems to loose all wifi abilities. It will start by dropping the wifi connection. When I bring up Wi-Fi Manager, Wi-Fi is missing. I'm unable to turn wifi off or on because it's just not there. So restarting WiFiRouter does no good. When I do, the 3G-WiFi button is no longer on the screen to select. The only way to get the phone (or WinMo) to recognize that my phone has wifi again, is to reboot.

2) At times, the WiFi connection will drop and sometimes it will automatically reconnect and other times I have to quit 3G-WiFi or restart WifiRouter entirely to get it to reconnect. Sometimes just selecting connect again on my laptop does the job. This can go on for 15 min or more and then work flawlessly for hours. So I'm unsure if this is just a compatibility issue with my laptop's wireless adaptor or with the phone. But it's annoying because 3G-bluetooth in WifiRouter works flawlessly all the time and is very stable.

Can anyone else relate to the issues above? If not, I might contact Samsung and try to get a replacement sometime before the warranty is up. But I feel this could be a design flaw.. One can really only see the issues if they use wifirouter a lot. I'm not even sure if this wifirouter specific (it likely isn't, especially problem #1). I just hope a phone firmware fix will correct it.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Lurker

splautz is a n00b

Damn.. no replies since I last posted my problems with WiFiRouter. Since then, the problem has not gone away. I've confirmed the same issue does exist on a completely different laptop. However, it appears the wifi card just locks up or something, causing it to be inaccessible to the phone. The result of this is sometimes, wifi is just missing from Wireless Manager, or is unable to be toggled on/off if present. I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again. I've also determined that this most often happens when the reception is weak, i.e. a good data roam signal combined with a weak sprint signal. Since this phone has no "Roam Only" it can switch to the weak sprint signal, causing all sorts of problems eventually locking up the wifi in the phone. Anyone else experience this? I'm going to try the latest update to the phone and if that doesn't fix it, I'll likely exchange it before the warranty is up. I just hope it isn't a design flaw.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Lurker

JPiacenza is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by splautz View Post
Damn.. no replies since I last posted my problems with WiFiRouter. Since then, the problem has not gone away. I've confirmed the same issue does exist on a completely different laptop. However, it appears the wifi card just locks up or something, causing it to be inaccessible to the phone. The result of this is sometimes, wifi is just missing from Wireless Manager, or is unable to be toggled on/off if present. I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again. I've also determined that this most often happens when the reception is weak, i.e. a good data roam signal combined with a weak sprint signal. Since this phone has no "Roam Only" it can switch to the weak sprint signal, causing all sorts of problems eventually locking up the wifi in the phone. Anyone else experience this? I'm going to try the latest update to the phone and if that doesn't fix it, I'll likely exchange it before the warranty is up. I just hope it isn't a design flaw.
Honestly, I just got a replacement Intrepid for the exact issue and perhaps I just put too much stuff on my phone, but now my out-of-the-box Intrepid uses WMWifi just fine. No registry hacks. Nothing. I recommend backing up all the things you have on your phone and doing a factory-reset...
Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Lurker

splautz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPiacenza View Post
Honestly, I just got a replacement Intrepid for the exact issue and perhaps I just put too much stuff on my phone, but now my out-of-the-box Intrepid uses WMWifi just fine. No registry hacks. Nothing. I recommend backing up all the things you have on your phone and doing a factory-reset...
How long did it take for Samsung to return the phone once you sent it back to them? I'm afraid this is what I'm going to have to do as it looks more and more like a hardware issue. I'll try the latest firmwire, WMWiFI and lastly a complete factory-reset just before returning it. Hopefully it will resolve. If not, there's not much I can do. This is too much of a wonderful phone for me to give up and it would be absolutely perfect for me if the wifi was stable. At only $12/mo for 420min anytime, 6pm N&W, unlimited everything else including full MoFi-like abilities, Garmin GPS (better than my Nuvi) excellent battery.. I can't see myself buying another phone.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Lurker

askmrlee is a n00b

At only $12/mo for 420min anytime, 6pm N&W, unlimited everything else including full MoFi-like abilities, Garmin GPS (better than my Nuvi) excellent battery.. I can't see myself buying another phone.[/QUOTE]

What kind of sub-SERO plan do you have and how did you get it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid