PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Why cant I get the battery status indicator to show? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97874)

danadaisys 11-21-2009 12:20 PM

Why cant I get the battery status indicator to show?

I just got my Intrepid (was a long time BB user - but it got horrific service in my home) and Im still getting used to the transition.

My one major issue is - I never know how much battery power I have left unless I go into my "Today" folder and check the battery status manually.

Is there a way to have the icon/indicator show on my screen next to my clock?

Thanks!

haus 11-21-2009 03:02 PM

Re: Why cant I get the battery status indicator to show?

I'm a big fan of a program called batti. You can find it on here, I think. It's an old program but works wonderfully on the Intrepid (and every other WM device I've ever used). I configure mine to show a 2 pixel high bar all the way across the top of the screen (you can't set it at 1px or it disappears for some reason). The bar gets shorter as you use up your battery, and it takes no meaningful screen real estate.

danadaisys 11-21-2009 09:55 PM

So are you saying that there is no way to set the phone to show the battery status? If so, thats pretty crappy. And would be my only complaint with the Intrepid, so far.

haus 11-22-2009 11:26 AM

That's windows mobile for you.

You can turn on the battery indicator (at the expense of the clock) by going into start-settings-clocks and alarms - More, and uncheck "show clock in title bar in all applications".

Since this is a long-standing WM issue (not unique to the Intrepid) you might broaden your search to other device forums to see what solutions people have come up with over the years. There may in fact be ways to enable both by editing the registry. I like batti so I've never bothered to look for another solution.

And I have to say, if that's your only complaint with the Intrepid so far, you've got to use your phone some more! :D (joking)

1sae 11-22-2009 04:27 PM

I've never touched any of that, and I get the battery status instead of the clock. Isn't that the default setting? Ideally, I'd have the whole bar look like the one s2u2 uses for all screens. It's a lot smaller and cleaner looking. I mean who needs the start button on screen when you have a hard button right where your thumb sits.

pfries911 12-19-2009 10:26 AM

If you customize the today screen windows>settings>today>Items then tap on the date on the today screen and uncheck display the clock on the title bar your battery indicator will bee in the title bar and the clock will show to the left of date

kporter1500 12-19-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danadaisys (Post 1350745)
So are you saying that there is no way to set the phone to show the battery status? If so, thats pretty crappy. And would be my only complaint with the Intrepid, so far.

I dont like it either. I feel as though it should show the battery status and the clock. I turned the battery status on because I have the clock on the home screen. But yeah it sucks... A LOT!!!!

haus 12-24-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfries911 (Post 1425015)
If you customize the today screen windows>settings>today>Items then tap on the date on the today screen and uncheck display the clock on the title bar your battery indicator will bee in the title bar and the clock will show to the left of date

That only works for people that turn off the WM6.5 today screen, I believe. And it also gives you a 2-line date display, which on this tiny screen is a loss of precious vertical space.

Just get batti.exe...problem solved.

http://code.google.com/p/batti/

I confess I'm using a very old version of Batti (1.3 or something)...haven't updated to the latest version (2.4) since the older version seems to work fine.

jp0213x 12-28-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kporter1500 (Post 1425509)
I dont like it either. I feel as though it should show the battery status and the clock. I turned the battery status on because I have the clock on the home screen. But yeah it sucks... A LOT!!!!

You should install SPB mobile shell software, make the phone more customizable. It run great on top of window, its real snappy.