PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:14 PM
haus's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 711
Reputation: 765
haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Protectors?

Who has found a screen protector they like? I bought a 3-pack from Ebay for $5 and they're awful (IMHO). Too soft, impossible to put on, and almost tacky on the surface which makes sliding the lock screen a real chore, not to mention any swiping motions on the screen (like the start menu or a web browsing session).

They were from clearscreens, who I give high ranks to for being a good seller, I just happen to dislike these protectors.

I had bought a set for my Touch Pro from louis-pr, and I liked those a lot. They don't have any for the intrepid (yet?), though I suppose I could buy larger ones and just cut them. Would prefer a nice stock size, though.

Wonder if anyone has any recommendations or good finds yet.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 PM
jp0213x's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
Reputation: 85
jp0213x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Who has found a screen protector they like? I bought a 3-pack from Ebay for $5 and they're awful (IMHO). Too soft, impossible to put on, and almost tacky on the surface which makes sliding the lock screen a real chore, not to mention any swiping motions on the screen (like the start menu or a web browsing session).

They were from clearscreens, who I give high ranks to for being a good seller, I just happen to dislike these protectors.

I had bought a set for my Touch Pro from louis-pr, and I liked those a lot. They don't have any for the intrepid (yet?), though I suppose I could buy larger ones and just cut them. Would prefer a nice stock size, though.

Wonder if anyone has any recommendations or good finds yet.
I got the same ones off ebay, awful is right. I ordered a legit one from zagg. The invisible shield IMO are great. I use one on my watch face and now one for my intrepid.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 PM
haus's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 711
Reputation: 765
haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

Ok, that's a great tip. I've read about those, but never used one. Can you tell me a bit about how it looks on the screen and if it's smooth (easy to finger slide on)? Can it be removed sometime in the future?

The Ebay one looks like I have saran wrap covering my screen. Over the course of a few days most of the bubbles worked themselves out, thankfully, but it still looks bad and feels like one of those space-age grips things you stick on the bottom of your GPS to make it hold onto the dashboard in your car.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 PM
jp0213x's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
Reputation: 85
jp0213x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Ok, that's a great tip. I've read about those, but never used one. Can you tell me a bit about how it looks on the screen and if it's smooth (easy to finger slide on)? Can it be removed sometime in the future?

The Ebay one looks like I have saran wrap covering my screen. Over the course of a few days most of the bubbles worked themselves out, thankfully, but it still looks bad and feels like one of those space-age grips things you stick on the bottom of your GPS to make it hold onto the dashboard in your car.
I am still waiting for mine to come, but the one on my watch is great. You can't even tell that the shield is on the watch face, it doesn't smudge its scratch proof and keep my watch face looking new and clean. I submitted a request with zagg to make a shield for the intrepid 2 weeks ago. They offered me the full body shield for free but I had to send my phone to them which I didn't want to do. I would have been without my phone. The item usually comes with a solution you spray on the shield before you apply to the phone screen. They have a squeegee you use to push the air bubble, it will take a few days to get the air out. You will have nice thin coat over the screen which is glare resistant and will not scratch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 PM
haus's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 711
Reputation: 765
haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

Cool. I should have offered mine...I have a few spare sprint phones lying around as backups!

I ordered one too. Thanks for submitting the request. I have a feeling it'll be kind of hard to get real accessories for this phone (like extended batteries, cases, etc.) so whatever comes our way that is useful is pretty handy.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 10:51 PM
jp0213x's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
Reputation: 85
jp0213x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Cool. I should have offered mine...I have a few spare sprint phones lying around as backups!

I ordered one too. Thanks for submitting the request. I have a feeling it'll be kind of hard to get real accessories for this phone (like extended batteries, cases, etc.) so whatever comes our way that is useful is pretty handy.
I am currently using the samsung silicone case for the intrepid combined with the bootleg sandwich bag sheild from ebay. I can't wait to get this invisible shield come so I can take this thing off. Samsung offers a extended battery for the intrepid. Crazy huh

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/m...tteries-covers

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-19-2009 at 10:55 PM.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 PM
1sae's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Reputation: 125
1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

Back when I bought mine, there weren't any for this phone so I just bought this one. Not a great fit, but once you cut it down to size, it fits perfect wide, and stops right past the Sprint logo. No bubbles and looks pretty clean all around and pretty good to the touch. Let us know about the zagg one. I might have to upgrade.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 AM
jillbiz's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Santa Monica, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Reputation: 0
jillbiz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

When I was still with Verizon I bought "Universal" screen protectors packaged by them. I had them on my Treo and put them on this phone as well. They are thick, which I like, and I haven't lost any sensitivity. The bubbles are easy to get out because they came with a little plastic rubbing card. They have grids so it's easy to cut. I had one on my Treo that lasted 2 years and when it was time to replace it it was easy.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
jp0213x's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
Reputation: 85
jp0213x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbiz View Post
When I was still with Verizon I bought "Universal" screen protectors packaged by them. I had them on my Treo and put them on this phone as well. They are thick, which I like, and I haven't lost any sensitivity. The bubbles are easy to get out because they came with a little plastic rubbing card. They have grids so it's easy to cut. I had one on my Treo that lasted 2 years and when it was time to replace it it was easy.
The zagg are custom cut.
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2009, 12:15 PM
raiderfan247365's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: portland, or
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 554
Reputation: 1155
raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

invisishield is the best for sure, use it on ALL my phones, and gf's too
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com