PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Screen Protectors? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97596)

haus 11-19-2009 07:14 PM

Screen Protectors?

Who has found a screen protector they like? I bought a 3-pack from Ebay for $5 and they're awful (IMHO). Too soft, impossible to put on, and almost tacky on the surface which makes sliding the lock screen a real chore, not to mention any swiping motions on the screen (like the start menu or a web browsing session).

They were from clearscreens, who I give high ranks to for being a good seller, I just happen to dislike these protectors.

I had bought a set for my Touch Pro from louis-pr, and I liked those a lot. They don't have any for the intrepid (yet?), though I suppose I could buy larger ones and just cut them. Would prefer a nice stock size, though.

Wonder if anyone has any recommendations or good finds yet.

jp0213x 11-19-2009 09:48 PM

Re: Screen Protectors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 1344970)
Who has found a screen protector they like? I bought a 3-pack from Ebay for $5 and they're awful (IMHO). Too soft, impossible to put on, and almost tacky on the surface which makes sliding the lock screen a real chore, not to mention any swiping motions on the screen (like the start menu or a web browsing session).

They were from clearscreens, who I give high ranks to for being a good seller, I just happen to dislike these protectors.

I had bought a set for my Touch Pro from louis-pr, and I liked those a lot. They don't have any for the intrepid (yet?), though I suppose I could buy larger ones and just cut them. Would prefer a nice stock size, though.

Wonder if anyone has any recommendations or good finds yet.

I got the same ones off ebay, awful is right. I ordered a legit one from zagg. The invisible shield IMO are great. I use one on my watch face and now one for my intrepid.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

haus 11-19-2009 10:29 PM

Ok, that's a great tip. I've read about those, but never used one. Can you tell me a bit about how it looks on the screen and if it's smooth (easy to finger slide on)? Can it be removed sometime in the future?

The Ebay one looks like I have saran wrap covering my screen. Over the course of a few days most of the bubbles worked themselves out, thankfully, but it still looks bad and feels like one of those space-age grips things you stick on the bottom of your GPS to make it hold onto the dashboard in your car.

jp0213x 11-19-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 1345594)
Ok, that's a great tip. I've read about those, but never used one. Can you tell me a bit about how it looks on the screen and if it's smooth (easy to finger slide on)? Can it be removed sometime in the future?

The Ebay one looks like I have saran wrap covering my screen. Over the course of a few days most of the bubbles worked themselves out, thankfully, but it still looks bad and feels like one of those space-age grips things you stick on the bottom of your GPS to make it hold onto the dashboard in your car.

I am still waiting for mine to come, but the one on my watch is great. You can't even tell that the shield is on the watch face, it doesn't smudge its scratch proof and keep my watch face looking new and clean. I submitted a request with zagg to make a shield for the intrepid 2 weeks ago. They offered me the full body shield for free but I had to send my phone to them which I didn't want to do. I would have been without my phone. The item usually comes with a solution you spray on the shield before you apply to the phone screen. They have a squeegee you use to push the air bubble, it will take a few days to get the air out. You will have nice thin coat over the screen which is glare resistant and will not scratch.

haus 11-19-2009 11:44 PM

Cool. :) I should have offered mine...I have a few spare sprint phones lying around as backups!

I ordered one too. Thanks for submitting the request. I have a feeling it'll be kind of hard to get real accessories for this phone (like extended batteries, cases, etc.) so whatever comes our way that is useful is pretty handy.

jp0213x 11-19-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 1345794)
Cool. :) I should have offered mine...I have a few spare sprint phones lying around as backups!

I ordered one too. Thanks for submitting the request. I have a feeling it'll be kind of hard to get real accessories for this phone (like extended batteries, cases, etc.) so whatever comes our way that is useful is pretty handy.

I am currently using the samsung silicone case for the intrepid combined with the bootleg sandwich bag sheild from ebay. I can't wait to get this invisible shield come so I can take this thing off. Samsung offers a extended battery for the intrepid. Crazy huh

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/m...tteries-covers

1sae 11-20-2009 12:35 AM

Back when I bought mine, there weren't any for this phone so I just bought this one. Not a great fit, but once you cut it down to size, it fits perfect wide, and stops right past the Sprint logo. No bubbles and looks pretty clean all around and pretty good to the touch. Let us know about the zagg one. I might have to upgrade.

jillbiz 11-20-2009 12:48 PM

When I was still with Verizon I bought "Universal" screen protectors packaged by them. I had them on my Treo and put them on this phone as well. They are thick, which I like, and I haven't lost any sensitivity. The bubbles are easy to get out because they came with a little plastic rubbing card. They have grids so it's easy to cut. I had one on my Treo that lasted 2 years and when it was time to replace it it was easy.

jp0213x 11-20-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillbiz (Post 1347172)
When I was still with Verizon I bought "Universal" screen protectors packaged by them. I had them on my Treo and put them on this phone as well. They are thick, which I like, and I haven't lost any sensitivity. The bubbles are easy to get out because they came with a little plastic rubbing card. They have grids so it's easy to cut. I had one on my Treo that lasted 2 years and when it was time to replace it it was easy.

The zagg are custom cut.

raiderfan247365 11-20-2009 01:15 PM

invisishield is the best for sure, use it on ALL my phones, and gf's too :)