PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i hate having 2 register to effin view stuff
Carrier: sprint

ramz858 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protectors?

definitely recommended to use on all girlfriends..better safe than sorry
Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Just got my invisible shield in the mail today, awesome screen protector.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz858 View Post
definitely recommended to use on all girlfriends..better safe than sorry
ROTF

jp0213x, I read some complaints that the Zaggs were also grippy, making slide gestures hard. I take it your experience is better than the Ebay ones?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
ROTF

jp0213x, I read some complaints that the Zaggs were also grippy, making slide gestures hard. I take it your experience is better than the Ebay ones?
No problems with the touch screen, the screen stays nice and clean. Just be careful when you when place the invisi shield on, it require you to apply a solution before applying. Just don't put too much and make sure it doesn't drip anywhere near the air piece where it can cause water damage. I applied mine last night, there are some water pockets I am waiting to dry up. The ebay one were just a quick fix until zagg came up with a custom cut out for the intrepid. I purchased the one off ebay thinking it would be a while before zagg came up with something.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

canestim is a n00b

Yeah, I bought the ones from clearscreens on ebay too. Man they are bobo haha. Seller is great but the product is not. Feels like you have an inch thick plastic wrap on top of it. I'll give the IS from Zagg a try, thanks.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

They must either ship from eastern europe or by pack mule (or maybe both?). Mine supposedly shipped on Friday and hasn't arrived yet.

Edit: it was a delayed Thanksgiving present. Arrived today; looking forward to putting it on but I have to wait until tonight since they say to leave the device alone for 12-24 hours after installation.

Last edited by haus; 11-27-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hey Haus did you get your screen protector yet?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I did (I had edited my post on Friday, the day it came). Seems pretty darn slow from SLC to the bay area...but even carrier pigeons have bad days.

The protector is good. The cut is perfect. Just a little bit smaller than the screen, which I actually prefer because it lets you line it up nicely. Having the liquid underneath gives you a little bit of time to slide it around to get just the placement you want before it starts to really stick. A+ for that.

The surface is good, if just a little tacky when your fingers aren't bone-dry. It's a lot better than the ebay ones, of course. Just seems like there's more friction. Maybe a B+ to A- for surface. This is of course a matter of personal preference; some people really like a bit of resistance.

There's still a little bit of "stippling" (for lack of my knowing the correct word). Basically the surface isn't perfectly flat. I don't have any bubbles or anything like that - just that it's not smooth like glass. At an angle you can clearly see tiny ridges in the plastic surface. My TP screen protectors were flat, so this is new to me. Maybe these are thinner and that's the reason; I don't know. I suspect that little bit of stippling is what causes the greater friction noted above.

I'm happy with it, though. Overall it looks good, fits well, and of course does what it's designed to do, which is to protect the screen without looking like crap or making the device hard to use.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I did (I had edited my post on Friday, the day it came). Seems pretty darn slow from SLC to the bay area...but even carrier pigeons have bad days.

The protector is good. The cut is perfect. Just a little bit smaller than the screen, which I actually prefer because it lets you line it up nicely. Having the liquid underneath gives you a little bit of time to slide it around to get just the placement you want before it starts to really stick. A+ for that.

The surface is good, if just a little tacky when your fingers aren't bone-dry. It's a lot better than the ebay ones, of course. Just seems like there's more friction. Maybe a B+ to A- for surface. This is of course a matter of personal preference; some people really like a bit of resistance.

There's still a little bit of "stippling" (for lack of my knowing the correct word). Basically the surface isn't perfectly flat. I don't have any bubbles or anything like that - just that it's not smooth like glass. At an angle you can clearly see tiny ridges in the plastic surface. My TP screen protectors were flat, so this is new to me. Maybe these are thinner and that's the reason; I don't know. I suspect that little bit of stippling is what causes the greater friction noted above.

I'm happy with it, though. Overall it looks good, fits well, and of course does what it's designed to do, which is to protect the screen without looking like crap or making the device hard to use.
The trick is to use a spray instead of sponge, I had a spray solution from the invisible shield that I had used from previous phone. Spray your fingers and apply the spray both sides of the invisble shield to cut down on the finger prints. Also have to make sure you have a clean surface where you work. I made the mistake of using the sponge which mad things messy and complicated. With the sponge you have to worry about amount of water because you don't excess water to drip in open areas of the phone. I had to be very careful not to get water into the air piece. I ordered a second visi shield and used the spray the 2nd time around. Everything is nice and neat when you use the spray.

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-30-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
The trick is to use a spray instead of sponge, I had a spray solution from the invisible shield that I had used from previous phone. Spray your fingers and apply the spray both sides of the invisble shield to cut down on the finger prints. Also have to make sure you have a clean surface where you work. I made the mistake of using the sponge which mad things messy and complicated. With the sponge you have to worry about amount of water because you don't excess water to drip in open areas of the phone. I had to be very careful not to get water into the air piece. I ordered a second visi shield and used the spray the 2nd time around. Everything is nice and neat when you use the spray.
Well, they sent me a sponge, so if that's what they sent me then that's what I'm using.

I don't believe the amount of liquid has any bearing on the stippling. It's just part of the plastic. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst, the Ebay ones would be a 10 and these would be about a 1.5. So it's not really a big deal, but I do notice it in certain circumstances. The ones I used to use on the Touch Pro were flat like the original screen. Loved those, but they don't have them for the Intrepid yet. The drawback to those were that they would scratch up, so I replaced them once a month or so (they were about $3 each shipped, so invisi-shield would break even after 5-6 months).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid