PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-intrepid/)
-   -   Tmail.exe crash (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-intrepid/97391-tmail-exe-crash.html)

1sae 11-18-2009 08:57 PM

Tmail.exe crash
 
Hey guys do any of you that have the Intrepid get the error that tmail.exe has crashed and it asks you to send the error log to MS? I've been getting that a lot, and it's not only on mine. I've gone through 2 different Intrepid's and still get it. I'm wondering if it's some of the software that I've installed. Currently I'm using SPB Mobile shell, S2U2, Opera, Skyfire, and have done some of the sound tweaks that Haus shared.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

haus 11-18-2009 11:30 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
For what it's worth, I don't get that (with an exchange account and 2 IMAP accounts). Do you have an account with a huge number of email messages? Also, are you storing attachments on the storage card? I used to do that but SD card instability seems too risky to me, so I just store attachments on the device now. Not like there isn't room on these new devices. :)

jillbiz 11-19-2009 11:38 AM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
I have SPB Mobile Shell, Opera, Skyfire as well, no problems here.

jp0213x 11-19-2009 01:14 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1342132)
Hey guys do any of you that have the Intrepid get the error that tmail.exe has crashed and it asks you to send the error log to MS? I've been getting that a lot, and it's not only on mine. I've gone through 2 different Intrepid's and still get it. I'm wondering if it's some of the software that I've installed. Currently I'm using SPB Mobile shell, S2U2, Opera, Skyfire, and have done some of the sound tweaks that Haus shared.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am having the same problem, I am not using outlook on this device but I am using opera. I do have the option set to store attachments to the sd card. Even though it has happen 3 times already it doesn't seem to affect anything. I am still with in my 30 days, should I swap and get a new device?

haus 11-19-2009 01:39 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
Try moving attachments off the card. Given the suspend issues with the Intrepid (like LED light stopping), I think they are shutting off the card fully and then when you wake up and tmail is running, it can't read the card and crashes. <- it may not crash on wake. There might be housecleaning that tmail does that causes a crash later on. Just try it for a couple of days and see if it helps.

Don't keep swapping devices unless you know you have a hardware problem. And with many years of device troubleshooting I can tell you that with a device like the Intrepid, 9999 times out of 10,000 you do not have a hardware problem that is unique to your device. It might be a problem unique to all Intrepids, etc. but the likelihood of a device failure is very, very low unless you mistreat your phone (get it wet, sit on it, leave it on your dashboard in Austin, leave it on your dashboard in Minnesota, let your dog pee on it, throw it overboard while sailing, toss it down the stairs, drop it in the urinal trough, etc.)

jp0213x 11-19-2009 02:09 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
When I browse my sd card and I look in the mail attachment folder, its empty. I changed the file path to save attachments to the sd card just in case I save something, but I haven't yet. I've been texting like crazy on this device it seems random when tmail crashes.

haus 11-19-2009 05:05 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
It's not when you save anything. "Store attachments on card" means to separate the attachment files that are received in your inbox and put them on the storage card, where they are accessed by tmail while it is running. That's separate from holding down on an attachment and doing a "Save As", which pulls the attachment out of the Pocket Outlook mailbox and saves it as an independent file.

I wonder if the attachment folder was empty because there was an SD problem, do you have no attachments (different from embedded items, possibly), or was it after you unchecked the box (PO would have moved them to internal storage by then).

Anyway, try it with attachments off the card, maybe soft reset for good measure, and let me know if it continues to crash. Again, I've had no problems with an Exchange account and 2 IMAP boxes with maybe 250 messages each inside, all saved on internal storage.

I almost never send SMS messages, though, but I do receive quite a few (server status, etc.)

haus 11-19-2009 05:11 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp0213x (Post 1343913)
I am having the same problem, I am not using outlook on this device but I am using opera. I do have the option set to store attachments to the sd card. Even though it has happen 3 times already it doesn't seem to affect anything. I am still with in my 30 days, should I swap and get a new device?

Wait, I just re-read this post. How can you be having the same problem if you are not using Outlook? tmail.exe is pocket outlook. Are you getting a crash with a different program?

1sae 11-19-2009 05:50 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
I went ahead and unchecked the save attachments to card, even though I haven't downloaded any attachments yet. I actually think the problem is in the texting, not so much the email. I usually happens when I'm sending or receiving the SMS. I do have the emails downloading the whole mailbox on my exchange and 1 imap accounts, but I keep the mailboxes pretty clean, less than 100 messages in either. Maybe I'll try just downloading the last week or so to see if that helps.

As far as the exchanging the phone, that was for an unrelated issue. I my MMS messages weren't downloading (connection failed), and the sprint store couldn't figure it out. After they swaped it, I found out that if you set your 'internet settings' to auto pick, thats where the problem is. It has to be on Sprint Data #777.

I'm absolutely sure this is a software problem. I'm just wondering if it's just me so I need to figure it out, or if it's everyone, and I gotta wait for a firmware update.

jp0213x 11-20-2009 11:27 PM

Re: Tmail.exe crash
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1344904)
I went ahead and unchecked the save attachments to card, even though I haven't downloaded any attachments yet. I actually think the problem is in the texting, not so much the email. I usually happens when I'm sending or receiving the SMS. I do have the emails downloading the whole mailbox on my exchange and 1 imap accounts, but I keep the mailboxes pretty clean, less than 100 messages in either. Maybe I'll try just downloading the last week or so to see if that helps.

As far as the exchanging the phone, that was for an unrelated issue. I my MMS messages weren't downloading (connection failed), and the sprint store couldn't figure it out. After they swaped it, I found out that if you set your 'internet settings' to auto pick, thats where the problem is. It has to be on Sprint Data #777.

I'm absolutely sure this is a software problem. I'm just wondering if it's just me so I need to figure it out, or if it's everyone, and I gotta wait for a firmware update.

I am having the same problem with tmail crashing during texting. I haven't tried MMS as of yet but I know for sue ir has to do with texting.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0