PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Intrepid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Tmail.exe crash (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97391)

1sae 12-19-2009 02:34 AM

Re: Tmail.exe crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp0213x (Post 1424469)
You have to let the messaging process run all the time in the back ground, it hasn't happened as much to me lately. Pull up the task manager you will see the messaging process, just let it run.

I think you've found the solution. I'm experiencing no more crashes since turning off the 'close program by pressing x or ok'

It does just hang for a while like before but I don't get the failure message.

kporter1500 12-19-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp0213x (Post 1424469)
You have to let the messaging process run all the time in the back ground, it hasn't happened as much to me lately. Pull up the task manager you will see the messaging process, just let it run.

Wouldn't that make the phone get hung up more often???? I mean the more programs you have running in the background the slower the phone responds.

jp0213x 12-19-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kporter1500 (Post 1425513)
Wouldn't that make the phone get hung up more often???? I mean the more programs you have running in the background the slower the phone responds.

You are correct, as mentioned by 1sae turn off the close program by pressing x or ok. You will have to manage your programs by using the task manager. Check the task manager once in a while to make sure you close out apps you are not using but leave the messaging app running.

Nice pic by the way

1sae 12-19-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kporter1500 (Post 1425513)

That's true, but I started using WKtask, and if you hit the ok hard button, the program moves to the background. When you hit the ok or x on the screen, the program closes. So that's the best way I've discovered not to look at the taskmgr and not to have too much running in the background.

kporter1500 12-20-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp0213x (Post 1425523)
You are correct, as mentioned by 1sae turn off the close program by pressing x or ok. You will have to manage your programs by using the task manager. Check the task manager once in a while to make sure you close out apps you are not using but leave the messaging app running.

Nice pic by the way

hey thanks!!!!

gambitz 03-15-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sae (Post 1424748)
I think you've found the solution. I'm experiencing no more crashes since turning off the 'close program by pressing x or ok'

It does just hang for a while like before but I don't get the failure message.

It happens to me alot when sending alot of texts... Its frustrating. I tried your suggestion to disable "close program by pressing x or ok".

So far, seems good. I will test this for a week and then report back. If it does not solve the problem, I will then try to disable storing attachments on the memory card. (Right now it is still enabled).

By the way, I use Exchange, Hotmail, and Yahoo IMAP on my device along with SMS.

gambitz 03-23-2010 10:36 AM

Looks ok so far. No crashes.. I did heavy texting yesterday and seems ok.

I STILL have my attachments stored on the SD card.

The only thing I did was disable "close on ok or X" like mentioned above. And it solved my problem.

Thanks!

samsung86 10-18-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambitz (Post 1632360)
It happens to me alot when sending alot of texts... Its frustrating. I tried your suggestion to disable "close program by pressing x or ok".

So far, seems good. I will test this for a week and then report back. If it does not solve the problem, I will then try to disable storing attachments on the memory card. (Right now it is still enabled).

By the way, I use Exchange, Hotmail, and Yahoo IMAP on my device along with SMS.

The X button setting is the program killer. As soon as I switched it off, messaging started to work semi-correctly. I mean it still freezes, but not as frequently.

to get to the "X button" setting (Samsung intrepid):
Start>Settings>System> XbuttonSetting

Thanks for your help!

Cool Tech Sites I like:
sbdropoff
woot